Assessment is administered continuously throughout the course. The students are rated against their performance in continuous rating administered throughout the semester (credited 60%) and summative ratingdone during the examination session(credited 40%), total 100%. Continuous rating is students’ on-going performance in class and independent work. Class work is assessed for attendance, Language/ skills and in- class assessments.
Class sessions –will be a mixture of information, discussion and practical application of language skills (listening, reading, writing, speaking) practiced in diverse situations.
T/SIS (Teacher Supervised Student Independent Study and Student Independent Study) -comprises the following assignments: GW2 exercises, TM tests and exercises, Paragraph writing and Project. All tasks are done by students independently and checked by the teacher.
Mid-termis anachievement reading, reading and Grammar-vocabulary test in the formats covered during the 1st Appraisal Period.
End-of-termis an achievement Listening test, paragraph writing and Project presentation.
Final examination is a multiple choice test designed to monitor the students’ academic performance, comprising 2 parts: Grammar and vocabulary.
· Cheating, duplication, falsification of data, plagiarism are not permitted under any circumstances!
· Attendance is mandatory. Students will be penalized for missing classes.
· Students must come to class in time. Three times tardy amounts to one absence.
· Students must participate fully in every class. While attendance is crucial, merely being in class does not constitute “participation”. Participation means reading the assigned materials, coming to class prepared, asking questions and engaging in discussion.
· Written assignments (independent work) must be typewritten or written legibly
· Deadlines must be strictly observed. Late work shall not be accepted, except when undone for a valid reason.
· Making up missed tests shall not normally be allowed.
· Mobile phones must always be switched off in class.
· Students should always be appropriately dressed (in a formal/semi-formal style).
· Students should always show tolerance, consideration and mutual support towards the teacher and other students.
Writing evaluation criteria:
Listening and reading: the number of correctly done assignments
| GE – General English
| EPP- English for Professional Purposes
| GW 2 – Grammar Way 2
| TSIS – Teacher Supervised Independent Study
| SIS – Students’ Independent Study
| TM – Terminological Minimum
| TV – Target Vocabulary
| PW – Paragraph writing
| PEICT – Professional English in Use ICT
| EITS- English for IT students
| IECU- Infotech English for Computer users
| WP- Writing Papers in English
Date: 2015-12-24; view: 971