During data communications, a host may need to send a single message to a specific group of destination hosts simultaneously. This message is in the form of a Multicast message.
Match the description with the associated IOS mode. (Not all options are used.)
121. Launch PT – Hide and Save PT
Open the PT activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then fill in the blank.
The Server0 message is . ” winner ”
122. A PC is configured to obtain an IP address automatically from network 192.168.1.0/24. The network administrator issues the arp –a command and notices an entry of 192.168.1.255 ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff. Which statement describes this entry?
· This entry refers to the PC itself.
· This entry maps to the default gateway.
· This is a static map entry.*
· This is a dynamic map entry.
123. Which field in an IPv4 packet header will typically stay the same during its transmission?
· Packet Length
· Destination Address*
124. Launch PT – Hide and Save PT
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Which IPv6 address is assigned to the Serial0/0/0 interface on RT2?
· 2001:db8:abc:5::1 *
Updated DIC .2, 2015
1. Three bank employees are using the corporate network. The first employee uses a web browser to view a company web page in order to read some announcements. The second employee accesses the corporate database to perform some financial transactions. The third employee participates in an important live audio conference with other corporate managers in branch offices. If QoS is implemented on this network, what will be the priorities from highest to lowest of the different data types?
audio conference, financial transactions, web page*
financial transactions, web page, audio conference
audio conference, web page, financial transactions
financial transactions, audio conference, web page
2. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring access control to switch SW1. If the administrator has already logged into a Telnet session on the switch, which password is needed to access privileged EXEC mode?
3. What are the three primary functions provided by Layer 2 data encapsulation? (Choose three.)
error correction through a collision detection method
session control using port numbers
data link layer addressing*
placement and removal of frames from the media
detection of errors through CRC calculations*
delimiting groups of bits into frames*
conversion of bits into data signals
4. What must be configured to enable Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) on most Cisco devices that perform Layer 3 switching?
Manually configure next-hop Layer 2 addresses.
Issue the no shutdown command on routed ports.
CEF is enabled by default, so no configuration is necessary.*
Manually map Layer 2 addresses to Layer 3 addresses to populate the forwarding information base (FIB).
5. What is the purpose of adjacency tables as used in Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF)?
to populate the forwarding information base (FIB)
to maintain Layer 2 next-hop addresses*
to allow the separation of Layer 2 and Layer 3 decision making
to update the forwarding information base (FIB)
6. Which statement describes a characteristic of the network layer in the OSI model?
It manages the data transport between the processes running on each host.
In the encapsulation process, it adds source and destination port numbers to the IP header.
When a packet arrives at the destination host, its IP header is checked by the network layer to determine where the packet has to be routed.
Its protocols specify the packet structure and processing used to carry the data from one host to another.*
7. A user gets an IP address of 192.168.0.1 from the company network administrator. A friend of the user at a different company gets the same IP address on another PC. How can two PCs use the same IP address and still reach the Internet, send and receive email, and search the web?
Both users must be using the same Internet Service Provider.
ISPs use Network Address Translation to change a user IP address into an address that can be used on the Internet.*
ISPs use Domain Name Service to change a user IP address into a public IP address that can be used on the Internet.
Both users must be on the same network.
8. At a minimum, which address is required on IPv6-enabled interfaces?
9. Why does HTTP use TCP as the transport layer protocol?
to ensure the fastest possible download speed
because HTTP is a best-effort protocol
because transmission errors can be tolerated easily
because HTTP requires reliable delivery*
10. What is the binary representation of 0xCA?
11. What is the valid most compressed format possible of the IPv6 address 2001:0DB8:0000:AB00:0000:0000:0000:1234?
12. Refer to the exhibit. What is the maximum TTL value that is used to reach the destination www.cisco.com?
13. What field content is used by ICMPv6 to determine that a packet has expired?
Hop Limit field*
Time Exceeded field
14. Which statement is true about variable-length subnet masking?
Each subnet is the same size.
The size of each subnet may be different, depending on requirements.*
Subnets may only be subnetted one additional time.
Bits are returned, rather than borrowed, to create additional subnets.
15. Which firewall technique blocks incoming packets unless they are responses to internal requests?
stateful packet inspection*
16. A network technician is investigating network connectivity from a PC to a remote host with the address 10.1.1.5. Which command issued on the PC will return to the technician the complete path to the remote host?