Cloud-, Web-Systems Dependability and Resilience-2
Parkovaya street, Sevastopol Banking Institute of
Ukrainian Banking Academy,
LAYOUT OF HALLS
General Layout of the Sevastopol Banking Institute of Ukrainian
Banking Academy, National Bank of Ukraine
1 Academic Building
2 Sport and House Buiding
3 Dormitory #1
4 Dormitory #2
5 Dormitory for PhD-students
6 Dormitory for lecturers
7 St. Tatiana Chapel
Layout of the workshop rooms
Rooms on the first floor
Room 111 session room
Room 116session room
Hall on the first floor- Registration area (May, 24-28).
Rooms on the second floor
Room 200 room for the Organization Committee
Conference hall Plenary sessions (PS-1, PS-2, PS-3, May, 24-26);
Hall on the second floor- Coffee-break area (May, 24-26).
Rooms on the third floor
Room 308 session room
Room 311 session room
Balaklavais a district of Sevastopol with a great history. In Soviet period, it was the main submarine base on the Black Sea. Balaklava has got many secrets and mysteries, the first one is its age. City commemorates anniversary of 2500, but some scientists believe that the first settlement arose on the shores of the amazing bay about
30 centuries ago. In the XIV century Genoese settled here. They established a trading station and founded fortress Cembalo on a high cliff above the bay. Its picturesque ruins preserved for today.
In 1475 the Turks captured the fort, they gave
the city a new name Balaklava, in Turkish means
fish-nest. During the Crimean War 1854-1855
British troops located in Balaklava and there were fierce battles. Once, during an unprecedented severe storm 34 vessels sank the rocky coast,
among them was the frigate "Prince." It had brought the money to pay salaries which British
soldiers and officers did not receive. And today, divers are trying to find gold coins on the seafloor, unsuccessfully yet.
At the beginning of the XX century Balaklava became a resort area. Noble Russian aristocrats Naryshkin, Yusupov, Apraksin and famous writers and poets liked to rest on the
shores of the bay.
During the II World War, Balaklava was called
Small Sevastopol. Eight months warriors under the command of Rubtsov kept the defense of the border,
killed up two regiments of German infantry and 11 tanks. In the postwar years, Balaklava was developeding as an industrial area. Here the cheapest in the country
extracted used in metallurgy and foundry,
was grown the
grapes of the
largest in the Crimea State Farm "Zolotaya Balka. In
the troubled years of Cold war Balaclava became a closed city, the bay was filled with submarines, was
built a plant to repair and maintenance nuclear submarines inside the mountain Tavros. Construction began in 1957. Builders have developed 200,000
cubic meters of rocky soil to create a deep channel through which the submarine went inside,
dry dock, arsenals, depots, wharves, and a command post. The plant began operating in 1963. If the nuclear war had begun, it could hid thousands of people. In 1995, all Russian submarines
left Balaklava bay and the Naval Museum is open here now.
Church of the Twelve Apostles - one of the oldest in the Crimea is situated in Balaklava. During the reconstruction of the temple the plaque with the inscription: "1357, the day of September, began the construction of this while operating a humble pope Simon de Orto, the
consul and the castellan" was found. The temple looks very simple, adorned only the columns,
Price of the tour in Naval Museum 30-50 uah (4-6$) Opening hours 10:00-17:00
The story of the heroic defense of Sevastopol 1941-1942 is full of examples of martial valor and greatness of the human spirit. A lot of monuments and memorials were founded in memory of that dramatic period in the city-hero.
More than 65 years passed from the end of the legendary defense. Time takes its, peaceful life has
changed the city beyond recognition. In the ravaged land of Sevastopol grew modern housing estates and
suburban cooperatives. Almost nothing reminds us
today of those terrible days, when 90% of the
fortress city lay in ruins, and every square meter of ground was littered with deadly metal and
impregnated with human blood.
But there is a place in Sevastopol, virtually untouched by the winds of changes. A place that miraculously preserved the spirit of the time for posterity. This place is the 35th Coastal Battery.
nts named "The Heroic tragedy".
Laid in the area of Blue Bay in 1913 and completed in 1929, 35th Coast Battery was destined to become not only a unique fortification Black Sea Fleet's main base, but also a place where the final chord sounded dramatic symphony of Latter-day defense of Sevastopol, which the descenda
It was here in June and July 1942 the last fight of
80 000 defenders of the city-hero. It was here in
those terrible days situated the headquarters of the
Sevastopol Defense Area (SDA). It was here in the wardroom campaign of the battery the last meeting of
the SDA and the military councils of the Maritime
Army, based on which a decision of the end of defense of Sevastopol and the evacuation of command was
Tours free of charge.
In the postwar period, the 35th Coastal Battery has not been restored, but some of its buildings used under the existing 130-mm coastal battery, so their look for us remained virtually intact.
July 3, 2008 opened the first guided tour. In
2009 opened a second route. A July 3, 2010
opened a third, the longest guided tour of the complex. All the routes lie mostly under the
ground. At the moment, a memorial attended by more than 50,000 people.
Opening hours 10:00-18:30. Last tour starts at 17:00.
DIORAMA "Storm Sapun Mountain May 7, 1944"
Sapun Mountain- a natural mountain barrier on the outskirts of the city. It became the scene of fierce fighting during the heroic defense of Sevastopol 1941-1942 as well as during its release in 1944. Memorial complex in memory of soldiers who liberated Sevastopol during the II World War is situated on the top of the hill. It is one of the historic sites with saved landscape, traces of the trenches and ditches, long-time gun emplacements,
overgrown with grass bomb craters and shells, monuments and obelisks of the Memorial
Complex of the II World War of national importance.
At the request of the veterans, it was decided to create a monument - Diorama "Storm Sapun Mountain May 7, 1944" by the 15th anniversary of the liberation of the city.
Order received members of the Moscow studio Grekov War Artists. The creative team of P. Maltsev (team leader ), G. Marchenko, N. Prisekin started the work in 1958. Direct work in creation of the canvas 5.5 m x 25.5 m and of a plan subject area of 83 square meters had been developing in Moscow for seven month.
The solemn opening of Diorama was held on November 4, 1959.
The Diorama is located in a building on the highest point of Sapun mountain, on the same spot where its plot developments were. From the viewpoint, arranged on the outer side of the building, you can enjoy overlooking the
countryside, imprinted on the picture of Diorama.
Not far from the building it is
situated an open exhibition of Soviet military equipment of World War II: tanks, self-propelled anti-aircraft guns, and guard mortars "Katyusha", field and naval artillery.
The dominant feature of the memorial complex "Sapun Mountain" is a 28-meter obelisk of
Fame, at the foot of which since 1970 has lit an eternal flame.
Price of the tour - 35-50 uah (4-6$) Photo, video 20 uah (3$)