Choose the right article, explain why you chose it.
1. The window measures exactly _______ metre across. 2. _______ famous actress wanted to be married in _______ British castle. 3. My new BMW motorcycle can reach speeds of over 300 kilometres _______ hour. 4. The community managed to raise quite _______ large sum of money. 5. This government doesn't care about _______ jobless. 6. Imogen always wanted to have _______ pony as _______ child. 7. Hikers reported seeing _______ large moving figure at _______ night. 8. Timothy had to go to _______ hospital to have _______ x-ray. 9. Nancy's got _______ migraine; she really should go _______ home. 10. _______ president stayed at _______ five-star hotel in _______ city centre. 11. Patrick is in _______ hardware shop buying _______ paint. 12. There is _______ good film on at _______ cinema, or we could go to _______ theatre, or we could stay at home and watch _______ TV. 13. Who is _______ nicest girl in your group? 14. When you want to buy sausages, you go to _______ butcher's. 15. Is there _______ bookshop on _______ High Street? 16. _______ government is very unpopular. 17. There is _______ knife in _______ second drawer. 18. What _______ strange answer! 19. Do you know who killed _______ President Lincoln?
Homework for the 13-th of October
1. My uncle used to be _______ dentist before he retired. 2. Arthur Brown is _______ dentist I told you about. 3. London is _______ biggest city in Britain. 4. Agatha Christie was _______ well known writer of detective stories. 5. Agatha Christie is _______ writer who created Hercule Poirot. 6. My eldest son joined _______ Army and now my youngest wants to join _______ Navy. 7. I'm going to _______ baker's to buy _______ loaf of bread. 8. In many countries the head of state is called _______ President. 9. I've got _______ appointment this afternoon. I've got to go to _______ doctor's. 10. Look at this wonderful small computer. _______ top lifts up to form _______ screen. _______ whole thing weighs only 5 kilos. 11. I went to _______ hairdresser's last week but my hair looks terrible. 12. I love listening to _______ piano. 13. My grandmother is dreaming of buying _______ new piano for me. 14. We have seen what _______ Earth looks like from _______ Moon. 15. Because of "the greenhouse effect" _______ climate of _______ world is changing.
1. A middle-aged woman, squished into a corner, bumps the young man beside. The woman is angry.
2. Outside of close relationships, the consequences of sending the wrong message also increase.
3. Atheists touch more than religious types.
4. The English are less liberal about it than Greeks or Italians.
1 The window measures exactly a metre across. 2 The famous actress wanted to be married in a British castle. 3 My new BMW motorcycle can reach speeds of over 300 kilometres an hour. 4 The community managed to raise quite a large sum of money. 5 This government doesn't care about the jobless. 6 Imogen always wanted to have a pony as a child. 7 Hikers reported seeing a large moving figure at --- night. 8 Timothy had to go to --- hospital to have an x-ray. 9 Nancy's got a migraine; she really should go --- home. 10 The president stayed at a five-star hotel in the city centre. 11 Patrick is in a hardware shop buying --- paint. 12 There is a good film on at the cinema, or we could go to the theatre, or we could stay at home and watch --- TV. 13. Who is the nicest girl in your group? 14. When you want to buy sausages, you go to the butcher's. 15. Is there a bookshop on High Street? 16 The government is very unpopular. 17. There is a knife in the second drawer. 18. What a strange answer! 19. Do you know who killed --- President Lincoln?