Exercise 2. Read the parts of an airport dialogue below and put them in the correct order. Practice the dialogue with a partner. Make up your own dialogues.
| Good morning, sir! May I help you?
| Thank you very much. Good-bye!
| Yes, please. I booked a flight to Madrid for this morning. Can I check-in here?
| Certainly. Here they are. Is it an aisle seat or a window seat? I forgot to mention that I would prefer an aisle seat if possible.
| Match the words with their definitions:
| a) departure lounge
e) checked baggage
| 1) bags that do not go into passengersí cabin
2) area where passengers wait
4) a person who travels by plane
5) slow down or cause to be late
6) security area where you get on the plane
7) things that you own that cost a lot of money
8) the place that the plane is heading to
9) get on a plane, train or boat
10) area in the plane where passengers sit.
| Let me checkÖ No problem, sir. We still have a few aisle seats available. Here is your boarding pass. Please go to gate 12, you will board the plane there. Have a nice trip.
Travel and holidays
Which responses go with these sentences? Write the correct letter in the space.
1. Did you book, Madame? ___e____
2. Do you know the exchange rate? ______
3. Do you have the complaint, sir? ______
4. Have you anything to declare? ______
5. How about a self-catering villa in Tunisia? _____
6. I reckon we should check in now. ______
7. Did you make an insurance claim? ______
8. Letís get a package holiday? ______
9. Have you registered, Madame? ______
10. Please proceed to the baggage reclaim. ______
a. Isnít it a bit early? The flightís not for another two hours.
b. Yes. We got the full value of the camera and a bit for the damaged suitcase.
c. Will you do that while I try phoning? There are three cases, remember.
d. Just this bottle of perfume. Do I have to pay duty on it?
e. Yes. One double room for four days. The name is Mr.Smith.
f. Isnít that a bit adventurous? I think it would be more fun to find hotels and transport when we get there - and it may be cheaper, too.
g. Thatís a great idea. Then we can get food from the market and take it in turns cooking.
h. Yes. It seems to be impossible to regulate the air-conditioning.
i. Yes. We signed in and left our passports with you this morning.
j. Yes. Itís about 1.6 Swiss Francs to the dollar.
Date: 2015-12-11; view: 1048