UNIT 5 PAST SIMPLE / PRESENT PERFECT
5.1. Use the correct form of the verb Present Perfect or Past Simple. Write out the sentences.
Model: I (read never) it. I have never read it.
1. (see) you his painting yet?
2. He (write) his best book in 1997.
3. Anna (be already) to Greece. She (go) there two years ago.
4. I (be often) to India. I (go) there last in 2003.
5. They (have) a new car since July.
6. They (buy) a new car in July.
7. I (not like) that film last night.
8. He (not like) any films with that actor.
9. Tony (work already) in radio for four years. He (join) the company after he left university.
5.2. Complete the answers using the correct tenses.
Model:Have you seen the new bridge in London?
Yes, I have. I saw it last month.
1. Have you driven your fathers new car yet?
.. . I
2. Have your parents bought a new television?
. . They
. it two weeks ago.
3. Did you know Larry passed his test?
. since last Saturday.
4. Has David been a painter for a long time?
. . He
. a painter since he was twenty.
5. Did Mary ever marry Tom?
. . They
. married for two years.
6. Has Jack got the tickets for the football match yet?
. . He
.. them three weeks ago.
5.3. Put in since, for or ago.
1. Weve lived in London
.. eight years.
2. Ive only known her
3. I entered the University three years
4. Shes been a teacher
.. fifteen years.
5. Its been raining
.. three days.
6. I first went to the USA about seven years
7. Mary phoned a few minutes
8. I havent seen her
9. I havent visited them
10. He hasnt smoked
.. two years.
5.4. There are mistakes in some of these sentences. Find the mistakes and correct them.
1. I live in Brighton. I lived here for ten years.
2. Tolstoy has written War and Peace.
3. I started studying Spanish two years ago.
4. Oh, no! Look! Someone stole my car radio!
5. Who has discovered America?
6. Weve played tennis yesterday afternoon.
7. When have you passed your driving test?
8. When did Neil Armstrong Walk on the moon?
9. I never ate Chinese food in my life.
10. Look at Mike! He grew a beard!
5.5. Choose the correct answer Aor B?
.. to Los Angeles in 1980.
A) have been B) went
. a lot of interesting things in your life.
A) have done B) did
3. James Dean
.. in the film Rebel without a Cause.
A) has starred B) starred
.. the wheel?
A) has invented B) invented
.. coffee since 2003.
A) havent drunk B) didnt drink
6. How many people
.. in the Second World War?
A) have died B) died
7. I work in a bank now. I
.. there for a year.
A) have worked B) worked
.. the new Steven Spielberg film last week.
A) have seen B) saw
.. the news last night?
A) Have you heard B) Did you hear
.. your new car?
A) have you bought B) did you buy
UNIT 6 FUTURE SIMPLE. PRESENT TENSES
FOR THE FUTURE
6.1.Complete These sentences with will / wont and a verb from the list:
| write / win / give / visit / celebrate / spend / help / be
.. all the money on books, honestly, Dad!
.. you please
.. me with my homework? I cant do it alone.
3. Leeds United have a great team and I think they
.. the cup.
4. Dont telephone me tomorrow because I
.. you next week, Grandma, really!
6. Dont worry, Greg. We
.. the letter for you.
7. My parents
.. their silver wedding anniversary next year.
.. me two pounds to buy a sandwich, Mum?
| wash / start / snow / give / discover / finish / take
1. No one
.. another tomb like Tutankhamuns.
.. the car for you, Dad.
3. Please note this change: the game tomorrow
.. at 3.15 pm.
4. No taxi, Mrs Jones? Thats OK. I
.. you to the bus station.
5. Its very cold. It
.. tonight or tomorrow.
.. my homework, Mum! Really!
.. someone please
.. Mrs Jones a lift home?
6.2. Complete these sentences with going to and a verb from the list:
| have / be / play / get / help / spend / read / study / buy
1. I cant come now. Jack
.. me with the computer.
2. The Johnsons
.. a new car next year a big one!
3. Its already 20 degrees. It
.. a hot day.
4. Im not very good at languages so I
.. French with a tutor.
.. that book you gave me.
.. football with our team this year, Craig?
7. Hes driving too fast. He
.. an accident.
.. the next three years in Australia.
9. Look at the time! I
.. to the airport late!
Date: 2015-12-11; view: 1929