Ask your friend who is a medical student to tell you how to help victims of road accidents.
–do you know how to give the first aid at the scene of the car accident?
- yes, I do. I have learned a lot about basic first aid.
- you have expert knowledge. But can people of the general public save the life of a victim of a car accident?
- yes, they can , because 90 % of first aid is common sense.
- But can I help the victims?
– If you see that the victims are not breathing, give artificial respiration
– what should I do if they are bleeding?
– try to stop bleeding by pressing a cloth over the wound.
– What should I do if the victims have burns?
– First of all you need to decide how bad it is?
– what does it mean?
- There two kind of burn: minor and bad or third-degree.
- and what should I do if it is a minor burn?
– the best thing to do is put the burnt area under the cold tap.
– can I put cream, grease, butter on?
– No because they make the burn hotter.
– Ok. What should I do if It is bad burn?
– Don’t touch it. Cover the burn very lightly with smth clean like a sheet and then call an ambulance.
– Ok. Can I give drinks t victims?
– No especially alcoholic drinks.
– Because if the patient needs an operation we can’t give an anaesthetic.
– What should I do if the patient complains of thirst?
–You should wash his mouth with water and not swallow.
– Thank you. Now I know how to help the victims.
– Remember. Don’t freeze and don’t panic when faced with a crisis.
9. You are going on holiday and tell your friend your holiday itinerary and what you would like to do. Your friend doesn’t think that it’s a good idea because he (she) sees only problems (conditionals).
– My dear I want to share very happy news with you.
– Yes I’m listening to you.
– In two weeks I’m go to Egypt with my family.
– Do you go by air?
– Yes of course. It’s very comfortable and fast.
– But what would you do if the plane crashed?
– I’m sure it won’t happen because all planes of this company are very safe reliable.
– what are you going to do in Egypt?
– We want to visit desert.
– But it is so dangerous. What would you do if you were thirsty but you didn’t have water?
– Well I’d ask my friends. Don’t worried I won’t be alone.
– There a lot of snakes in the desert. What would you do if the snake bit you?
– Our guide knows how to give the first aid in this case.
– However I think that it’s dangerous. Don’t forget that the climate is hot and dry.
– I remember it. Don’t worried .
– ok I hope you’ll have splendid holiday.
10. You have just visited your friend’s new house. Tell your partner about your impressions and answer his (her) possible questions.
– Hello. I’m glad to see you.
– I’m too. I heard that Peter’s house. Is it true?
– Yes you are right.
– Where is it situated?
– It is located outside the city near to the river.
– Oh it is very good especially for him health. Is there a garden?
– Yes of course. You know how he loves the trees and flowers. I think his dream come true.
– How many floors are there in it?
– There are 2 floors and converted loft where there is one room.
– It is very interesting. How many rooms are there in it?
– There are 5 rooms on the ground floor and 4 bedrooms on first floor.
– I see this house is very big and comfortable. Is there a sport ground?
– Certainly. There swimming pool and tennis court? You know he likes sport and he keeps trim by swimming.
– Did you like this house?
– Yes. I hope you will visit Peter and see his house.
– I hope it. Thank you for the information. Goodbye.