1. Did your life . very different when you were a child? How?
2. I ..playing outside with my friends.
3. I .............................TV in the evening.
4. We . In the countryside, but now I live in Vienna.
5. My family . to the seaside at the weekend.
6. Did you .. ice cream every day?
7. My best friend at school was called Sam. We always ..our homework together.
8. I very well at school.
Replace the Past Simple with used too in the sentences, where possible.
When I was a child
1. I spent my holidays with my grandparents.
2. My grandmother cooked delicious meals
3. She kept chickens, goats and horses.
4. My cousin and I rode horses every day.
5. My favourite horse was called Racer.
6. Racer was faster than all the other horses.
7. I didnt understand how dangerous riding could be.
8. One day I fell off Racer and broke my arm.
9. My mother didnt let me ride him again.
10. After that, I sat in the house and watched sadly as the horses played in the field.
Underline the errors in thesε sentenρes. Rewritε eaρh sεntenρe.
1) Whεn wε had atε lunρh, wε wεrε sitting in thε gardεn.
When we had eaten lunch, we sat in the garden
2) While I looked for my keys, I remembered I left them at home.
3) Anna had usεd to play badminton whεn shε had bεεn at sρhool.
4) When I got into bed, I was falling asleep immediately.
5) When I was finally finding the house, I was knocking at the door.
6) After Jill was giving Nick his books, she went home.
7) Maria would livε in Swεdεn whεn shε was a ρhild.
8) I was using to gεt up εarly whεn I had gonε sailing.
9) Thε Vikings had sailεd to North Amεriρa a thousand yεars ago.
10) Juliεt was surε shε was sεεing thε tall man bεforε.
Underline the correct form.
1) When the police stopped/ were stopping Smith's car for a routine check, they realized that he was the man who robbed / had robbed the bank.
2) I woke up in the middle of the night and turned on / was turning on the light. Someone or something climbed / was climbing in my window!
3) Unfortunately Jan arrived / was arriving at the station at 3.25, and found that she missed / had missed the train.
4) The doctors tried / had been trying their best, but while they were performing the operation, the patient died / was dying.
5) We'd been watching the film for half an hour before we realized that we were making / had made a terrible mistake. We went / had gone into the wrong cinema!
6) On the morning of the accident, Mr Davis just finished / had just finished a night shift at a localfactory, and didn't have / hadn't had any sleep for24 hours.
7) I'm sorry I didn't answer / wasnt answering the phone earlier, but I was painting / had been painting the ceiling in my bedroom.
8) The office Marlowe was visiting was on the 15th floor, and unfortunately the lift wasnt working / hadn't been working, so by the time he arrived at the top of the stairs, he was / had been out of breath.
9) On Christmas morning when they woke up / were waking up, the children looked eagerly out of thewindow. It snowed / had been snowing, and thegarden was covered in a thick white carpet.
10) After the two film stars landed / were landing at the small airport, they left quickly in a van that was waiting / had been waiting for them since the early morning.