Swann House welcomes you ... the American capital with nine uniquely decorated and well-appointed guestrooms and suites. Our circa 1883 mansion envelopes you ... the grandeur ... a bygone era while offering the modern conveniences necessary ... today's traveller. Crystal chandeliers, elaborately carved fireplaces and original plaster moldings reflect just a portion ... the nineteenth century craftsmanship that can be seen throughout Swann House.
Situated 12 blocks ... the White House, our location ... the historic Dupont Circle neighborhood makes Swann House the ideal home base … your visit to Washington, DC. Just 4 blocks away you'll find the Metro, our world-class subway system, ready to whisk you in ... matter ... minutes ... the famous monuments and museums ... our capital. Taxis are easily hailed offering yet another convenient mode ... transportation. Dozens ... restaurants and cafes are within walking distance allowing our guests to experience one ... Washington's most vibrant and beautiful neighborhoods.
Our proximity ... several universities makes Swann House ideal ... parents visiting students. George Washington University, Georgetown University, American University and Howard University are all ... easy reach. Business travellers will find several conference venues including the new Washington Convention Center just minutes away. Discover the historic charm ... Georgetown, the ethnic restaurants ... Adams Morgan or eclectic nightlife & shops ... the U Street Corridor, all within easy access ... Swann House.
Come see why Guides and Travelogues call Swann House the "Best B&B ... Washington" and put us... their "Top 10 Most Romantic Inns" … the world. We invite you to make our home your home while visiting Washington, DC.
– All Private Baths
– Deluxe Continental Breakfast;
– Fireplaces, Jacuzzi Tubs
– Luxurious down feather beds
– Cable TV, VCR's
– Complimentary High Speed & Wi-Fi internet service
– Afternoon Refreshments & Evening Cordials
– Phones ... Voicemail & Data Port
– Swimming Pool
– Complimentary Local Calls
– Business Meetings
11. Explain why?
- Swann House is called the most romantic inn in the world.
- Swann House's location is very good.
- It is ideal accommodation for parents visiting students.
- Swann House is ideal place for businessmen.
- Swann House is ideal place for traveller.
– What reflects the 19th century craftsmanship in Swann House?
– What modern conveniences does Swann House offer to its guests?
13. Read the advertisements of three most popular hotels in Milan. Compare the facilities and services of the hotels. Answer the questions:
1. What makes these hotels attractive for tourists, businessmen?
2. Which of these hotels would you recommend for a family with 2 children, an elderly couple on holidays, a CEO on business, your friends and / or relatives?
3. Which of the ads do you find more attractive? Why?
4. Which ad gives better overview of the hotel, do you think?