Discuss tipping tendencies in this country.
1. Who do you usually leave tips to?
2. Do you always give tips to people who serve you?
3. How much do you leave in tip at a restaurant? Taxi? Hairdresser's? Hotel?
6. Write an essay on the topic "Tipping Policies In My Country" (200 words).
Match the word with its definition and compare the meanings.
Maid / housekeeping staff
– a person whose job is to bring you something to your room, e.g. your breakfast, or if something is missing or if you just want extra service
– a person who leads the guests to their rooms and show them around the hotel
– a person who opens the front door for you
– a person whose job is to deal with people when they first arrive, to answer the phone and to arrange reservations or appointments
– a person who cuts and dyes your hair, or just does your hair and helps you to choose the haircut to match you perfectly
– a person who does you nails
– a person or people who keep the building and the building's facilities in good working conditions, they also do minor repairing
Front desk / receptionist
– a person who parks your car when you arrive at a party or at a hotel
– a person whose job is to carry things
– a person whose job is to serve people in a place
– a person whose job is to clean the rooms of the hotel
Swimming pool attendant
– a person who does you the massage
– a person who keeps the keys from the rooms, takes and gives messages, deals with incoming and outgoing post
Choose the right word from the list below. Translate the artiicle.
As an alternative to a __________ we recommend the Spindrift Inn, a __________ hotel with a great __________ overlooking Monterey Bay. Just down the street from the fabulous Monterey Bay Aquarium and within __________ distance of downtown Monterey.
In the heart of Cannery Row and directly on the __________ sits the Spindrift Inn. The Inn's distinctive __________ – hand filed floors, Oriental __________ , antiques, original art and wood burning __________ – invites you in to this unique property. Each __________ of the Spindrift has a wood-burning fireplace, goose down feather __________ , comforters and pillows and __________ brass baths. Some rooms have ocean __________ . All 42 rooms have in-room robes, all cotton pastel __________ , nightly turn down service, __________ telephone, in-room CD players, special toiletries, soaps and other __________ .
Rooms include: Continental __________ delivered to the rooms, afternoon __________ and cheese reception and newspaper __________ .
This is a AAA four diamond and Mobil three __________ hotel.
Guestroom, marble, second, wine, bed and breakfast, guestroom, star, lobby, amenities, linens, beds, carpets, lovely, beach, delivery, breakfast, location, walking, fireplace.