Our flat is on the sixth floor of a big twelve-storey building. In our flat we have three rooms, a kitchen, a hall, a bathroom and a toilet.
The first place you get to when you enter our flat is the hall. It is rather large. To the left of the entrance door there is a hall-stand, where we hang our overcoats and put our hats when we take them off. To the right of the entrance door there is a large mirror with a little table under it.
Our living-room is large. The floor of our living-room is yellow, the ceiling is white, the walls are blue. The curtains on the windows are brown.
There is a large brown sideboard in our living-room. It is at the wall to the right of the door. In the sideboard there are many plates, cups and glasses. There are some fine vases in the sideboard, too.
There is a cosy red sofa in our living-room. It is
at the wall to the left of the door. There are some cushions on the sofa. There is a little black coffee-table in front of the sofa. There are some newspapers and magazines on the coffee-table.
We have a large colour TV-set in the living-room. It is in the corner of the room on a little table. There is a big vase on the TV-set. There are usually some beautiful flowers in the vase. There are two cosy armchairs in our living-room. They are in front of the TV-set.
There are some fine pictures on the walls of our living-room.
We usually spend our free time in the living-room, reading, talking or watching TV. We receive our guests in the living-room, too.
Our bedroom is not very large. The walls of our bedroom are pink, the curtains on the window are yellow. In our bedroom we have two beds. There is a little bedside table between the beds.
There is a large yellow wardrobe in our bedroom. It is at the wall to the right of the door. There are some clothes in the wardrobe.
In the corner of the bedroom there is a small dressing table with a mirror over it.
Our study is small. The walls of our study are brown, the curtains on the window are green.
In our study we have a little writing-desk. It is in front of the window. There are some pens, pencils and exercise-books on the writing-desk. There is a large brown bookcase in our study. It is at the wall to the left of the writing-desk. There are many books in it.
Our kitchen is small. There is a refrigerator in the kitchen. The refrigerator is white. There is a gas-cooker in the kitchen. The gas-cooker is black.
There is a cupboard at the wall and a little table in the middle of the kitchen. There are some stools round the table.
In the kitchen we cook, have our meals and wash the dishes.
11. Answer the following questions
1. What floor is the Browns' flat on? What kind of building is their flat in?
2. Is their flat large or small? How many rooms are there in it?
3. What is the first place you get to when you enter the Browns' flat?
4. What is there in their hall?
5. Where do the Browns hang their coats when they take them off?
6. Is the living-room large or small?
7. What colour is the floor in the living-room? What colour is the ceiling?
8. What colour are the walls?
9. What colour are the curtains on the windows?
10. Is there a sideboard in the living-room?
11. What colour is it? Where is it?
12. What do the Browns keep in their sideboard?
13. Is there a sofa in the living-room? Is it cosy?
14. What colour is it? Where is it?
15. What is there on the sofa?
16. Do the Browns have a coffee-table in their living-room? Where is it?
17. What is there on the coffee-table?
18. What kind of TV-set do the Browns have?
19. Where is the TV-set? What is there on the TV-set?
20. How many armchairs are there in the Browns' living-room?
21. Are the armchairs cosy? Where are they?
22. Do the Browns have pictures in their living-room? Where are the pictures?
23. Is there a carpet in their living-room?
24. What do the Browns usually do in their living-room?
25. Is the bedroom in the Browns' flat large?
26. What colour are the walls in the bedroom? What colour are the curtains on the window?
27. How many beds are there in the bedroom? What is there between the beds?
28. Where do the Browns keep their clothes? What colour is their wardrobe? Where is it?
29. Do the Browns have a mirror in their bedroom?
30. What is the third room in the Browns' flat?
31. Is the study large? What colour are the walls in the study? What colour are the curtains on the window?
32. Is there a writing-desk in the study? Is it large or small? Where is it? 33. What is there on the writing-desk?
33. Do the Browns have many books? Where do they keep them? Where is the bookcase?
34. What do the Browns have in their kitchen? What colour is the refrigerator? What colour is the gas-cooker?
35. Where is the table in the kitchen? Are there chairs round the table?