1. Which of the following geometric shapes is formed by connecting a polygonal base and an apex? Pyramid
2. Which of the following shortcuts can be used to display an object in the object mode? F8
3. The Merge Vertex Tool is used to merge two vertices together by dragging one vertex toward another vertex.
4. A Pipe is similar to a hollow cylinder.
5. A helix is a continuous and uniform turn of constant radius that is generally of 360 degrees.
6. All the faces of a Platonicsolid are equal.
7. The Insert Edge Loop Toolis used to create beveled transition surfaces on a profile curve. F
8. The face components in the marking menu let you select faces on the active object. T
9. The Smoothoption is used to make a polygonal object smooth by adding segments to it. T
10. Subdivision surfaces divide an object into regions of greater detail.T
1. Which of the following tools is used to add smoothness to a sharp edge? Bevel
2. Which of the following primitives is formed by an alternate arrangement of hexagons and pentagons?Soccer ball
3. The Duplicate face option is used to create the duplicate copy of a selected face.
4. The offset edge loop tool is used to add segments on both sides of a selected edge.
5. The function of the Merge To Centertool is similar to the Merge tool.
6. The chamfer Vertex tool is used to replace a vertex with a flat polygon face.
7. A Helix is a three-dimensional curve that lies on a cylinder or a cone such that the
perpendicular angle is constant to the axis.
8. The Mergetool is used to merge two or more vertices or UVs together. T
9. The Channel boxof the Subdivision Primitivesdoes not have the INPUTS node. F
10. The Merge Vertex Toolcan be used to merge a selected vertex to a target vertex or to the center of vertices. F
1. Which of the following lights is mostly used as a background light? Ambient Light
2. Which of the following lights is particularly used to focus on an object? (a) Spot Light
3. A SPOT LIGHT emits light from a specific point and radiates it out in a conical shape.
4. A Point Light works similar to an AMBIENT LIGHT .
5. The LIGHT LINKING is a phenomenon of linking light to particular objects in a scene.
6. The VOLUME light is used to add light to the area enclosed within the volume light icon.
7. The RADIALFrequency attribute helps you control the smoothness of the glow radial noise.
8. The Physical Sun and Sky option works only with the mental ray. (T)
9. The Focal Length option is used to zoom in and out of the camera. (T)
10. The Angle of View option is used to set the view angle of the camera. (T)
1. How many types of cameras are there in Maya? Four
2. Which of the following lights is used to create high quality still images? Area Light
3. The FOG SPREAD attribute is used to spread fog coming from the spot light.
4. The LIGHT LINKING is a phenomenon of linking light to specific objects.
5. The LONE Angle attribute is used to set the focus area of the spot light.
6. The LENS Flare is used to add the lens flare effect to a selected light.
7. An AMBIENT light is a single point light that projects rays uniformly in all directions.
8. The Cone Angle attribute is used to control the brightness of spot light near edges.(F)
9. The glow types in the halo type pull down menu are: Linear, Exponential, Ball, LensFlare, and Rim Halo. (T)
10. Increasing Focal Length allows you to zoom in a view and enlarges objects in the view and vice versa. (T)
Answer the following questions:
1. Which of the following operations is used to relax bumps over a surface?
(a) Push (b) Pull
(c) Relax(d) Erase
2. Which of the following tools is used to align the selected surface?
(a) Offset Surface (b) Attach Surface
(c) Align Surface(d) None of these
3. The tool is used to extend a NURBS surface.
4. The knotsradio button is used to remove the extra knots formed while
rebuilding a surface.
5. The tool is used to create the copy of a selected surface.
6. The Pinchtool is used to pull selected vertices toward each other. (T/F)
7. The tessellation method is used to set the initial and secondary tessellation controls for
an object. (T/F)
8. Tessellation is a method, which is used to convert a NURBS mesh into a set of polygons.
9. The Eraseoperation is used to push the NURBS mesh inside a surface. (T/F)
10. The Extend Surfacestool is used to rebuild a NURBS surface. (T/F)
Date: 2015-12-18; view: 509