PART ONE. Complete the blanks in the following statements.
1._______Krashen and Terrel______ were two researchers who developed a theory of second language acquisition distinguishing ‘learning’ from ‘acquisition’.
2. __Lozanov is the scholar who developed the (De)Suggestopedia as the brand name for his method of foreign language teaching.
3. ___________Audiolingual__________ method of foreign language teaching is represented in the ideas and works of Robert Lado & Charles Fries.
4. ________Audiolingual___________ method of foreign language teaching is represented in the ideas and works of Harold Palmer & Michael West.
5. ____________Silent way_________ method of foreign language teaching is represented in the ideas and works of Caleb Cattegno.
6. ______Natural approach_______________ method of foreign language teaching is represented in the ideas and works of Dell Hymes.
7.According toKrashen,language learners have a(n) _____effective filter________________ that keeps language input from getting in.
8._Second language acquisition____________________ is one of the Krashen’s hypotheses which claims that people acquire linguistic items in a predictable order.
9. __________Asher___________ is the scholar who believed that second language is learned in the same way as the first language and developed the method of Total Physical Response.
10._________natural approach____________ is an approach to teaching a foreign language through massive exposure to the comprehensible language input in the classroom.
11. John Walker, Samuel Johnson and Noah Webster were significant scholars in the history of English (and ELT), because all of them wrote ____dictionary_________________ in order to ____to fix___________ the English language.
12. B. F. Skinner a ______behaviorism_______________ psychologist whose ideas provide a basis for ____Audiolingual___________ Method of foreign language teaching
13. Francois Gouin was a nineteenth century scholar whose ideas and methods were the early inspiration for the ___direct_______ method of foreign language teaching.
14.The scholar,__________Saussure___________ was well known forbeing one of the founding fathers of semiotics and his structural approach to language studies.
15. The scholar and theologian,_______Comenius______________ who founded the Didactic principles of language learning, was well known for his classification of language as objective, subjective and figurative depending on what is described or expressed.
16. The idea that human beings are born with a Language Acquisition Device which enables them to learn language was suggested by ____________Chomsky_________ , a great linguist and scholar.
17. ______Sociolinguistic competence_______________ is one of the sub-competences of the communicative competence that refers to the knowledge of social etiquette, national mindset and values, etc.
18. _____________CLT________ is a method of foreign language teaching that requires the use of information gap activities, games, role plays in order to provide students with an opportunity to practice certain language structures and functions.
19. _____content based______ is a method of foreign language teaching that requires students to engage in learning a subject matter (such as ecology, economy or geography) and builds his/her lessons around that subject matter.
20. ______________TPR_______ is a method of foreign language teaching that is generated from ‘the comprehension approach’.
21. ________TPR_____________ is a method of foreign language teaching that uses ‘commands’ to direct behavior?
22. ___________suggestopedia__________ is a method of foreign language teaching that does NOT demand students to speak in L2 until they feel they are ready.
23. ___________Audiolingual__________ is a method of foreign language teaching that encourages language learners to listen and repeat in order to not make mistakes in their language learning process.
24. ______CLL_______________ is a recent trend or approach to foreign language teaching that refers to the self-fulfillment of learners is achieved by using interactive tasks in pairs and small groups, creating a supportive environment and building confidence in learners.
25. ___________Multiple intelligence__________ is a recent approach to foreign language teaching that refers to a learner-based philosophy that characterizes human learning capacity as having various levels and dimensions that must be acknowledged and developed in education.
26. ___________CLL__________ is a method of foreign language teaching that requires instructors to be more than just good language teachers; they must also be knowledgeable in the subject matter and able to elicit that knowledge from their students.