Fill in the blanks using will or be going to. Use the verbs in brackets.
ACROSS THE CHANNEL
Erna Hart 1 _________ (swim) across the English Channel tomorrow. She 2 _____________(set out) from the French coast at 5 o'clock in the morning. Erna is only 14 years old and she hopes to set up a world record. She is a strong swimmer and many people fell that she is sure to succeed. Erna's father 3 _________ (set out)with her in a small boat. Mr Hart has trained his daughter for years. Tomorrow 4 ______________ (watch) her anxiously as she swims the long distance to England. Erna intends to take short rests every two hours. She 5 (have) something to drink but she 6 __________ (not eat) any solid food. Most of Erna's schoolfriends 7 (wait) for her on the English coast. Among them 8 ________(be) Erna's mother, who swam the Channel herself when she was a girl.
Choose the correct verb form.
1. Workers ________________ the new roads by the end of this year.
a. will complete b. will be completed
2. Everybody __________ anxiously as the new buildings go up.
a. will have been watching b. will be watching
3. We__________ never_________ the heroes who gave their lives for our country.
a. will ... forget b. would ... forget
4. He said he __________to London the next day.
a. will go b. would go
5. By the end of the year I ____________ five English books
a. will have read b. will read
6. Don't ring her up at three o'clock. She _________ a letter to her mum.
a. will be writing b. will write
7. At this time tomorrow the girls _________ the X-mas tree
a. will decorate b. will be decorating
8. I expect we_________________ problems with bad weather.
a. ‘ll have b. are going to have
9. When we get back we ______________
a. will have traveling_________ b. will be travelling
10. This time next week we _________________ down Costa del Sol.
a. are going to travel_________ b. will be travelling
Finish the sentences. Use the future forms.
1. I think Jane_______________
2. Can you repair Peter's car? No, ________
3. At 10 o'clock tomorrow _________________
4. It's nearly autumn and soon ________________
5. I expect _____________________
6. At the moment Lorna and Jack _________________
7. When they come to the theatre ______________
8.. They'll probably be hungry because ___________
9. When you arrive_____________________
10. By the time you come back
Tick the correct sentence.
1. a. John will begin his new job tomorrow.
b. John will be beginning his new job tomorrow.
2. a. By 2001 he will work for ten hours.
b. By 2001 he will have worked for ten hours.
3. a. He will be staying with us as often as possible.
b. He will stay with us as often as possible.
4. a. From two till three he will be working in the garden.
b. From two till three he’ll work in the garden.
5. a. He said he'll be in the south the next week.
b. He said he would be in the south the next week.
6. a. What is she going to do on Friday?
b. What will she be doing on Friday?
7. a. Computers are going to be important but they are not going to replace teachers.
b. Computers will be important but they won't replace teachers.