Ex.8 Put the verbs in brackets into Present Simple or Future Simple.
You (meet) Agent 205 under clock at the railway station. When she (arrive) , she .(give) you an envelope. I dont know if you (recognize) her in disguise, but if she (not/say) the secret code word, you (know) she is an enemy agent. You (take) the envelope and head for the train to Waterloo Station. When the train (come) , you (get on) it and go to Waterloo. If you (miss) the 9.15 train, you (have to) get the next one. As soon as it (reach) Waterloo, leave the train and take a taxi to Opera House. You (meet) Jenny there, although Im not sure exactly when she (get) there. Give her the envelope. Wait until she (drive) off and then go home. We (call) you there. Are there any questions?
Ex. 9 Match the sentences and fill in the correct tense.
1. Shell call us
A. until it ..(stop) raining.
2. I dont know
B. as soon as I .(can).
3. What (you/do)
C. if you ..(come) home late.
4. Turn the lights off
D. as soon as she (reach) London
5. Dont go out
E. if you have an accident?
6. I (write) to you
F. what (you / buy)?
7. He will be angry
G. when he ..(leave).
8. If I give you $5
H. before you .(go) to bed.
Ex. 10 Look at Jims notes then produce a complete letter using will or be going to. Add some more ideas so that you can practice other future forms.
go California summer holidays by plane (quickest way) not alone friend come probably brother if decide stay San Francisco a week then somewhere else hope find place sleep sunbathe a lot take swimsuit and sunglasses think need them sure be good holiday join us?
Ex. 11 Do the test and check yourself. Write the correct form of the verb in brackets to complete the sentences. Use one of the structures: any of Future Tenses, be goint to to, Present Continuous, Present Simple. Sometimes two variants are possible.
1. Ive taken the 10.40 to Bristo; every Rfiday for three years and its always half empty. Believe me, you . (find) a seat.
2. My father is approaching retirement age, so he (probably/ sell) the business next year.
3. Going by all the recent polls, the social democrats (win) next weeks elections.
4. Look at those black clouds. It (rain) this afternoon.
5. Im going on holiday tomorrow. This time next Tuesday I (ski) down a mountain!
6. At our next wedding anniversary we .be / married) for twenty-five years.
7. You speak very good Chinese. Thank you. I (live) in Beiing for 8 years next month.
8. Ive heard a rumpur that your favourite jazz singer (come) to give a concert in our village!
9. Have you looked at the new financial report yet? No, but I (stay) at home this eveving, so I can study it then.
10. The plane (take off) at 10.45, so you had better check in by 8.45.
11. Surely, he (finish) his work at the contract by 4 oclock tomorrow.
12. The docorator wont finish his work until you (pay) him what you owe.
13. Mr Rellow .(play) golf tomorrow afternoon, as usual, so you can catch him on the golf course.
14. Will she (arrive) by the time the conference (begin)?
15. Ive won the jackpot on the lottery and I (spend) it all straight away!