Eating out. Food tourism. National cuisines. Belarusian cuisine. Restaurants. Taking orders and dealing with complaints.
In today's world almost any product can be found in a good supermarket and try international specialties without leaving home. However, the pasta in the Italian countryside is different from pasta cooked in an Italian restaurant in Russia. Food tours appeared due gourmets. Culinary tourism - kind of tourism, whose main purpose is to introduce to the kitchen of a country. Different countries are renowned for their gastronomic delights. Such as Parma ham, jamon Spanish, Dutch cheese, Brussels praline, the Japanese puffer fish. The most famous gastronomic tours is pasta, pizza, ham and Italian wines, foie gras, snails, oysters, cheese, and wine and champagne France, fish dishes and wines of Spain again, pastries, sweets and chocolate Austria, Switzerland and Belgium , cheese and herring Holland, sausages, meatballs and beer in Germany. A characteristic feature of the Belarusian cuisine is wide use of potatoes, as well as the use of a variety of sausages, cereals, mushrooms and pork. The most popular dishes are õîëîäíèê, çàòèðêà, êàïóñòíèê, áèãîñ, ìà÷àíêà, äðàíèêè.In Belarus there are restaurants Belarusian national cuisine. Such as "Âàñèëüêè, Ëèäî, Çàñòîëüå-íàçâàíèÿ íå ïåðåâîäÿòñÿ," etc. The restaurants accept orders as soon as the dishes selected. At a meeting of visitors, taking orders and serving waiter should observe the rules of etiquette. A visitor can use a book of complaints, if he has any comments.
18. Rural tourism. Rural tourism – a type of tourism that involves a temporary stay of tourists on the countryside for recreation and rest or participation in agricultural work. It is imperative that accommodation facilities for tourists, individual or specialized, should be in rural areas or small towns with no high-rise buildings and industrial. Assumed a comfortable and relaxing stay in the countryside. Just important factors are good environmental conditions, low noise, natural food, comfortable accommodation. Acceptable prices also affect the attraction of rural tourism.
Accommodation are hotels, hostels, private houses and of course, you can stay in rural houses. Fans of extreme rest can enjoy a night in a tent under the open sky.
Services provided under the rural tourism, typically includes:
· Accommodation in a cozy private estates
· Nutrition on the order of environmentally
· Friendly products
· Familiarity with the history of the region
· Pick up mushrooms and berries
· Participation in national ceremonies
· Boating and horseback riding
Campsite is a place used for overnight stay in the outdoors. Campsite is an area, usually divided into a number of pitches, where people can camp overnight using tents or camper vans or caravans. Campsite can include next facilities: the protected territory, toilet and shower, laundry, cafe, bar, point of hire with tents, playground for children.
Presently rural tourism became very popular around the world. It connected with that most of people lives in the large noisy cities. Rural tourism is a remarkable type of rest for citizens. This type of tourism is popular in the USA, the developed countries of Europe and South America.
Belarus has a high tourist and recreational potential. Focused on its territory unique natural and recreational resources, objects of national and world cultural and historical heritage.
19. All tourist destinations contain attractions. Attractions can be natural or built, historical or purpose-built. 1)Natural attractions include forests, national parks, waterfalls, canyons and so on. Many foreign visitors are interested in seeing the natural scenic attractions, for example, like the Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Yellowstone National Parks in the US. 2)Built attractions like the Taj Mahal or the Pyramids are historical attractions. They are part of cultural heritage of the mankind. They are very different from purpose-built attractions like theme parks, because their original function was not tourism but nowadays Disney World's Magic Kingdom, in Florida, remains on top in the theme-park world. 3)While some tourist attractions provide visitors a memorable experience for a reasonable admission charge or even for free, others can have a tendency to be of low quality and to overprice their goods and services (such as admission, food, and souvenirs) in order to profit from tourists excessively. Such places are commonly known as tourist traps. Types of events:
1) musical events
2) art exhibition’s
Among the tourist visiting Belarus are very popular jousting tournament inNovogrudsky castle, musical evenings in Nesvizh, Slavic bazar in Vitebsk.
21. hotel entertainment
1. Today, all high-level hotels provide its guests entertainment services. This is done for the convenience of visitors, and for the benefit of the seller. Depending on the level and orientation and location, the hotels provide a variety of activities.
2. Hotels have a different number of stars depending on their comfort. Hotel that has 5 stars, is considered the most prestigious. Various facilities are available depending on the class of.
3. Hotel facilities also conduct a variety of activities. Tours, concerts, musical evenings are arranged for the entertainment of guests.
4. 's baby halls, gyms, recreation rooms, rooms equipped entertainment in hotels for tourists of all ages. These services are advantageous for hotels and convenient for tourists. Each guest can find something interesting.
5. If a tourist wants to visit the attractions, shops and to see the area, the hotels also provide these services. Otherwise, the hotel will provide a link with a local operator.
6. To children's entertainment can be attributed gaming halls, cinemas, water playgrounds, etc. All these services are often located on the territory of the hotel complexes.
7. For hotel entertainment employees includes staff sports complex (trainers, fitness instructors), the staff of the children's entertainment complex (animators, nannies and others).
20. On a tourPeople choose different ways of traveling. But planes, trains, buses and cars enjoy the popularity among people the most. Planes are popular among business people who try to save their time as they carry passengers quite fast. Buses are suitable for travelers who want to enjoy the views of the country or city. They may be uncomfortable if the trip is too lengthy. Trains are the most popular means of transport among travelers as it is cheap and gives a possibility to rest on a berth. Types of tour.African safari tours Looking to see some wildlife? Shoestring has some fantastic safari trips! Explore the grasslands of Africa in search of the big 5, returning to camp in the evening to retell your adventures next to the campfire! Have a look at our different African safari tours. City trips. A creature of the city? Our combinations in Russia and India allow you to visit some of the best sights such as Moscow’s Red square or Agra’s Taj Mahal. Check our City trips here. Short breaks. If you want to discover a destinations ‘best bits’ but are short on time then look at some of our short breaks – starting from just a week long but still giving you a great taste of the destination! Single tours. Many of our tours have ‘single’ departures, providing single travellers with the opportunity of travelling with other singles. The itineraries and conditions are identical to our other tours but there will be no couples. Check out our Single tours here. Tour guiding as a profession.A tour guide (U.S.) or a tourist guide (European) provides assistance, information and cultural, historical and contemporary heritage interpretation to people on organized tours and individual clients at educational establishments, religious and historical sites, museums, and at venues of other significant interest. Standards of performance .In the tourism business, they relate to service and contain precise criteria designed to be used consistently as a rule or guideline. Operational standards help to make life simpler and to increase the reliability of many practices that guide us and the services we provide. They are intended to be aspirational - a summary of best practices rather than general practice. Standards are created by bringing together the experience and expertise of all employees and the expectations of the customers. Coach tour presentation.presentation is a story of the guide about the main stages of travel, security measures, stops on the route and various recreation in the way. At the beginning of the guide is obliged to present themselves and the driver. Report journey time, the temperature of the aknom and in brief about the destination.
Problems on tour.problems during the trip can be different. breakdown of transport, baggage loss, language problems, motion sickness, comfortable little place, no air conditioning, etc.
Business travel is large official meetings, usually lasting for a few days, at which people with the same work or interests come together to discuss their views. Business travelers should know cultural etiquette because they have many meetings with local people when doing business, and also because more may depend on them – a contract could be won by getting the cultural etiquette right. Conference halls offer different facilities and equipment such as Wi-Fi, laptops, tele - and videoconferencing rooms, digital projectors, break-out rooms, audio- visual system. Business travel brings more business to travel agents, transport providers, and hotels. Travel for business – related purposes can increase the level of leisure and recreational activity at the destination in a number of ways, and it also provides employment.
22. Specialized tourism vs mass tourism. Niches. Specialized tours. Description of a niche tourism type. Tourism for disabled people. Specialized tourism in Belarus. Mass tourism has grown at a remarkable pace in the last fifty years – more leisure time, more tourists, more resorts, bigger hotel complexes, more attractions able to take huge numbers of visitors, larger aircraft, many more flights. But in contrast to this, as people have travelled more, the need to experience something different, something special, something tailored to the specific needs and interests of individuals and groups of individuals, has also grown. The result is niche tourism tour operators have realized there is a market for the specialist tourist, and it is a market that often spends more than the package-holiday tourist. This market is perhaps the fastest-growing market in the tourism industry. Niche tourism has a thousand different faces – holidays for senior citizens, tours for the disabled, gastronomic holidays, tours geared towards the gay community, photographic holidays, “dark” tourism (visiting places with sinister and macabre histories), and many more. The following types of niches:
- cultural – includes heritage, tribal, religious, educational, genealogy.
- environmental - nature and wildlife, ecotourism, adventure, alpine, geotourism.
- others - photographic, small cruise, volunteer, dark, youth.
Tourism for people with disabilities is a relatively new and rapidly developing area of tourism. The social significance of tourism for specific groups is due to the fact that the number of persons with different types of restrictions of vital capacity constantly growing. Belarus is working hard to create a comfortable environment for people with disabilities, but, unfortunately, not all done yet. Yet Belarusian hotels and tourist facilities do not have a lot of experience working with people with disabilities. Nevertheless, they are doing everything they can to help, taking tourists. In Minsk National Airport is a special equipment for planting wheelchair to the aircraft, moving inside it. The number of public institutions - such as museums and theaters, banks, shopping centers, adapted for the disabled, is constantly growing. New stations of the Minsk subway was built to meet the needs of persons with disabilities, but older equipped worse. But people with disabilities do not have any problems when you visit the National Library. Many health resorts of Belarus there are places specially arranged for living and recreation wheelchair.