Êîíòðîëüíàÿ ðàáîòà 3.
1. Use the verbs in the brackets in a suitable form. Translate the sentences into Russian:
1. We (to stay) at this hotel for a week already.
2. Guests (to expect) room service for a long time already.
3. Long distance calls (to add) to the room bill, and three or two times more expensive than in the lobby.
4. Tipping (to allow) you to reward good service.
5. To attract more customers many hotels already (to devise) their own system of Bonus Offers.
6. Adult guests can (to offer) a complimentary glass of wine at dinner.
7. Travelers checks, as means of payment, (not to become) yet popular in Moscow.
8. When I (to stay) in this hotel I paid my bill with a credit card.
9. The application forms (to read) and (to send) to the general manager.
10. Visitors kindly (to request) to vacate their rooms by noon on the day of departure.
2. Suggest a suitable modal verb or a modal construction to complete the sentences. Transate the sentences into Russian:
1. They ______ include fish and meat dishes on the menu.
2. A customer _____ select any wine in the wine list.
3. The employee _____ create warm and friendly atmosphere.
4. If a person is invited for dinner he _____ to come on time.
5. UK citizens not _____ to get a visa to enter the USA on holiday.
6. If your holiday is dangerous you will _____ a special insurance policy.
7. Every piece of your checked baggage _____ be labeled with your name and destination address.
8. Passengers _____carry personal items as cabin baggage.
9. You _____ check in within the recommended time before your departure.
10. Guests _____ pay for the drink extra.
3. Translate the sentences into Russian. Underline a non-finite form of the verb. State the function of the underlined form:
1. Each passenger is given a boarding pass with his sit number.
2. Passengers are asked if they want to sit by the window and in the smoking or non-smoking area.
3. When eating, take as much as you want, but eat as much as you take.
4. To save a lot of time, efforts and money a traveler should apply to a travel agency.
5. Tomas Cook was the first to offer a tour package to the travelers.
6. In order to buy a ready-made product with all the ingredients a person holds important, he goes to the travel agency.
7. Travel agents are sure to have the most comprehensive information at hand about the destinations.
8. Holiday makers usually prefer staying at resort hotels and spars.
9. There is a number of special promotions used in almost all hospitality operations.
10. Whatever its origin, in Britain tea drinking spread quickly.
4. Use the verb in brackets in a suitable form. Translate the sentences into Russian:
1. The tourism boom … (reach) considerable proportions nowadays if investments … (increase)
2. Economists … (answer) this question long ago if they … (know) how.
3. Transfers … (do) with luxury tour buses if this type of services … (include) in the tour package.
4. We … (not get) so many complaints if we (to have) better service procedures.
5. Tourism … (generate) significant revenue in annual sales if the situation didn’t change.
6. The hotel … (make) all appropriate arrangements if the group of foreign tourists … (come) next week.
7. Travelers will often upgrade accommodation if they (to be) tired.
8. If you (to make) the booking in advance, you … (be) without a bed for a night when you were in Prague.
9. 8. You would try long-hand destination such as Australia or Canada if you (to want) to travel outside Europe.
10.When you need more information on visas you (to have) to contact the embassy.
5. Read the text. Translate passages 1, 3 in writing. Look through the statements below and decide whether they are true or false. Put “T” if the statement is true, put “F” if the statement is false.
Date: 2015-12-17; view: 1118