- How is leisure tourism called?
- What type of travel is leisure tourism?
- What do leisure travellers look for?
- Where do leisure travellers go on holiday?
- What do leisure travellers enjoy?
- What does a resort hotel offer?
- What are other ways to travel for pleasure?
- Why will more and more people travel for pleasure in future?
Sports tourism is a type of active holiday. The purpose of a sporting tour is to exercise and to keep physically fit. At the same time travellers enjoy natural surroundings, fresh air and clean water.
Travellers combine action and relaxation during a sporting holiday. Tourist companies offer hikng, cycling, boating, rafting and other kinds of sporting tours.
Very often sporting tours require preparation and special training. First the tour instructors will plan the itinerary. Then they will train tourists how to use sporting equipment. They will explain all the details of the route. They will define means of transportation, provision of meals and overnight accommodation.
During some "tours" travellers carry their luggage and sporting equipment themselves. During some other tours special carriers transfer the luggage for them. It depends on the difficulty of the tour, on the tourist destination and the local practice.
Within sports tourism there is water tourism, mountain tourism and mountaineering, skiing. Sports tourism is popular all year round.
- What type of holiday is sports tourism?
- What is the purpose of a sporting tour?
- What do travellers enjoy during a sporting tour?
- What kind of sporting tours do tourist companies offer?
- How will instructors prepare travellers for sporting tours?
- What will instructors plan before the tour?
- Who carries the tourists' luggage during a sporting tour? What does it depend on?
- What types of tourism are there within sports tourism?
Business tourism is a travel for business purposes.
Business travellers are businessmen and government officials. They travel on different missions. They often travel to attend a convention. Convention tourism is a part of business tourism. It involves taking part in a conference or a seminar.
Business travellers often travel to attend an international exhibition or a trade fair.
There are tourist companies that provide business services. Those are fax, telex and telephone communications, secretarial services, answering service, business meeting arrangements. There are business facilities for business travellers at hotels, airports, on airplanes.
Business travel will develop faster than other types of tourism ill future. There will be more business tourists and more tourist companies which will deal with business tourism. They will provide more services in future. They will collect information on markets and trade partners, provide economic data on monitors, arrange negotiations, offer pre-convention and post-convention tours.
Date: 2015-12-11; view: 921
|<== previous page
|| next page ==>
|Comprehension questions ||||| Diving, out-going, sight, third-age, travel expenses, boating, theme park, negotiations, survival, reward, mission, amusement park, rafting, secretarial service, bonus.|