What interrelated components does translation include as an object of linguistic study?
The interrelated components of the text are:
· Elements and structures of the source text
· Elements and structures of the target language
· Transformation rules to transform the elements and structures of the source text into those of the target text; systems of languages involved in translation/
· Conceptual content and organization of the source text
· Conceptual content and organization of the target text
· Interrelation of the conceptual contents of the source and target text.
2. Give short definition of translation (after Komissarov).
Translation is functional interaction of language (after Komissarov).
3. What are the interacting elements in translation? What elements are observable? What elements are deducible?
The interacting elements in translation are observable and deducible.
The observable elements in translation are parts of words, words and the word combinations of the source text.
The deducible elements are parts of words, words and the word combinations of the target language.
4. What interrelated operations does one fulfill in the process of translation?
One fulfill such interrelated operations as:
· deduces the target language elements and rules of equivalent selection and substitution on the basis of the observed source text elements
· builds a model consisting of the target language elements selected for substitution
· verifies the model on the target text against context, situation
and background information
· generates the target text on the basis of the verified model
5. What three stages does one distinguish in translation?
There are such three stages in the process of translation as:
· analysis of the source text, situation and the background information
· synthesis of the translation
· verification of the model against the source and target context ( semantic, grammatical , stylistic), situation and the background information resulting in the generation of the final target text.
Date: 2014-12-29; view: 3115