Use the words below to fill in the blank spaces in the dialogue
J take J need J flight J see J time J help J have J airport J direct J check J seats J leave
Agent:Cathay Pacific Airways. Can I______ you?
Ani :Yes. I ______ a _____ from Tokyo to New York on
Friday. Do you have any_______?
Agent:Let me ____. Yes. I ______one on the 5: 30 flight.
Ani:Five thirty! Whatís the check-in _____?
Agent:One hour economy. Thirty minutes business class. Will
Ani:No. I wonít get to the________ in time. When will the next
Agent:There wonít be another ______ flight on Friday. There
will be one on Saturday at the same time.
Ani:Fine. Iíll _____ that.
Agent:Just let me ______. Oh, Iím sorry, that flightís full.
b) Match the following travel related activities to the places.
| buy tickets
|| 1) information desk
| get the train schedule
|| 2) at the pay phone
| make a phone call
|| 3) airport
| check my luggage
|| 4) newsstand
| eat something
|| 5) baggage check
| wait for the train
|| 6) train station
| buy a newspaper
|| 7) snack bar
| catch the train
|| 8) waiting area
| catch the plane
|| 9) ticket office
III. A) Choose the right answer.
1) To go on holiday especially because you need a rest is to ___.
a. get over
b. go off
c. get away
2) To show your ticket and get your seat at the airport is to ___.
a. check out
b. check off
c. check in
3) When the plane leaves the ground it ___.
a. takes off
b. takes over
c. takes in
4) The time a train, bus or plane arrives is when it ___.
a. gets away
b. gets in
c. gets over
5) To visit somewhere for a short time when you are going somewhere is to ___.
a. stop off
b. stop away
c. stop on
B) Use an appropriate phrasal verb instead of the underlined words.
1. Our train arrived late in the evening, so we didnít manage to get to our favourite shop.
2. Itís better to arrive to the airport early, show your ticket and get a good seat on your flight.
3. "The president of the company never manages to go on holiday during the summer".
4. Our plane leaves at 11 oíclock and arrives in Venice at 1.30.
5. We made a stop at Edinburgh to see the castle
IV. A) Match idiomatic expressions(1-6) with their definitions(a-f).
1. to travel light
2. to sail close to the wind
3. to hit the road
4. to have itchy feet
5. a backseat driver
6. to be in the same boat
a. to take a trip somewhere
b. someone who gives unwanted advice and annoys you
c. to travel with very little luggage
d. to be in the same unpleasant situation
e. to have a strong desire to leave a place and to travel
f. to take risks to do something
Date: 2015-12-11; view: 767