8. Does the male skeleton somehow differ from the female one?
9. What types of muscular tissue do you know?
10. Is there any difference between involuntary and voluntary muscles?
Task 2.Match the first half of a sentence in column A with the appropriate second half in column B.
1. The human body is separable
a) to fit their function.
2. The human skeleton gives our muscles
b) in the framework of the hand and wrist alone.
3. The bones vary in shape and size
c) and is lined with spongy bone.
4. The most important part of the skeleton
d) all those muscles which must react quickly to changes in the environment.
5. The bones of the trunk include
e) a firm place to anchor themselves and also protects our body’s more fragile organs.
6.We have twenty-seven bones
f) is responsible for making new blood cells.
7. Periosteum contains
g) into the head, the trunk and the limbs.
8. Compact bone is hollow
h) nerves and blood vessels.
9. The bone marrow at the end of long bones
i) is the backbone.
10. The skeletal muscles includes
j) the spinal column, the ribs and the breastbone.
Task 3.Label the human body diagram using the word list below.
ankle arm belly button chest chin
ear elbow eye fingers foot
hand head heel hip knee
leg mouth nose neck shin
shoulder thigh toes waist wrist
Task 4.Choose the correct answer.
1. Which types of muscles are voluntary muscles?
d) none of the above.
2. The largest skeletal muscle in the body is the …
3. Which type of muscles are involuntary muscles?
c) both a and b;
d) none of the above.
4. Cardiac muscles are found in the …
5. How many muscles does a human have?
a) less than one hundred;
b) less than two hundred;
c) less than six hundred;
d) more than six hundred.
Task 5. Use the words in the box to fill in the blanks.
There are around 206 1)______ in the adult human body. These bones plus the connecting tissue make up the 2)_______ system.
The skeletal system is very important for many reasons. Some bones help 3)________ our organs. The 4)______, for example, protects our brain and the 5)______ protects our lungs.
The skeletal system also gives us our 6)_____. Without a 7)_________, we would be shapeless blobs like a 8)______ or an earthworm. Our bones, which are connected by 9)_______ provide a frame for the rest of the organs, giving us our unique body shape.
The skeletal system also helps us 10)_______. Muscles, which are attached to bones by 11)_______, cause the bones to move, which makes our bodies move.
Bones also help your body store 12)______ such as calcium. If there is too much calcium in the blood, some of it becomes bone. If there is not enough calcium, then the bones gives some to the blood.
Finally, another important function of bones is to produce 13)______. Inside bones there is a soft substance called 14)______, which is used to make blood cells.
TRANSLATION: Translate the sentences into English.