What do you say in these situations? UseCan you
? / Could you
? / Can I
Model:(You are carrying a lot of things. You want me to open the door for you.) You say to me:
Can you open the door (for me), please ...
1. (We are having dinner. You want me to pass the salt.)
You say to me:
2. (You want me to turn off the radio.)
3. (You want to borrow my pen.)
4. (You are in my house. You want to use my phone.)
5. (You want me to give you my address.)
12.4.Complete the sentences. Use must + one of these verbs:
| be / buy / go / help / hurry / go / learn / meet / phone / read / wash / win
to the bank today. We haven't got any money.
. I haven't got much time.
2. She is a very interesting person. You
3. I forgot to phone Dave last night. I
to drive. It's very useful.
5. This is an excellent book. You
some food. We've got nothing for dinner.
7. My hair is dirty. I
to the post office. I need some stamps.
9. I have a big problem. You
10. The game tomorrow is very important for us. We
11. You can't always have things immediately. You
Put in mustorhad to.
go to the bank yesterday to get some money.
1. The windows are very dirty. I
2. The windows were very dirty yesterday. I
get up early tomorrow. I've got a lot of to do.
4. Come on! We
hurry. We haven't got much time.
5. We arrived home very late last night. We
. wait half an hour for a taxi.
6. These cakes are very nice. You
7. Ann came to the party but she didn't stay very long. She .
8. He didnt know how to use the machine. I
9. I was nearly late for my appointment this morning. I
run to get there on time.
12.6.Complete the sentences. Use mustntorneednt + one of these verbs: be / buy / clean / hurry / lose / stick / take / tell / wait
Model: The windows aren't dirty. You
1. I must hurry. I
2. This letter is very important. You
3. We have lots of time. We
an umbrella. It's not going to rain.
5. This is a secret. You
a newspaper. You can have mine.
7. Im not ready yet but you
for me. You go now and Ill come later.
8. (a parent speaking to a child) You
. your tongue out at people. Its not polite.
12.7.Complete the sentences.Use have toor has to+ one of these verbs: do / read / speak / travel / wear
Model: My eyes are not very good. I
have to wear
1. At the end of the course, all the students
2. Mary is standing literature. She
a lot of books.
3. He doesnt understand much English, so I
very slowly to him.
4. George is not often at home. He
a lot of his job.
12.8 Some of the sentences below have a grammatical mistake. Find the mistakes. Write correct sentences where necessary.
Model 1: She cans play the piano well.
. She can play the piano well. ..
Model 2: Must I get there early?
1. We dont must miss the train.
2. He doesnt can start the car.
3. They dont have to work on Sundays.
4. Can we meet later this evening?
5. Must I confirm the booking from Australia to New Zealand?
6. We cant be exactly on time for the meeting.
7. Tom doesnt want to be a singer but he may be one in the future.
8. Jake likes to play football and he must play very well.
9. Maria might not win because she doesnt always concentrate.
Date: 2015-12-11; view: 3089