Listening 1. Family Album
2.1. Listen to a woman describing her family members. Write down the names of the woman’s relatives and how she is related to them.
For example: Ann-sister
Listen to the recording again and answer the questions.
1) Who’s got the same dimples?
2) Who looks like both his parents?
3) Who does the speaker consider to be handsome?
4) Who has aged well?
5) Whose hair isn’t fair and straight?
6) Whose children are as different as chalk and cheese?
7) Who takes after father?
8) How many people in the family have got blond hair? What are their names?
9) How may people in the family have got blue eyes? What are their names?
Listening 2. She is the Spitting Image of Gwyneth Paltrow
Listen to the conversation between Rose, Ian and Mike and answer the questions.
1) Where are Rose, Ian and Mike?
2) What are the relationships between them?
3) Who does Mike meet at the bar?
2.4. Listen again and fill in the missing words used to describe people’s appearance.
1) Look at ______ ________ over there.
2) The one ____ ____ white jacket?
3) She’s the spitting _________ of Gwyneth Paltrow.
4) She doesn’t _______ __________ like Gwyneth Paltrow.
5) She’s got ______ ________ hair.
6) I’d recognize _______ _______ anywhere.
7) She’s got ______ _______ distinctive smile.
8) That woman bears absolutely ______ ____________ to Gwyneth Paltrow.
9) I saw this amazing- _________ __________ walking towards me.
10) I didn’t recognize her. She’s _________ ______ much.
III. After-Listening Tasks
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word in brackets.
1) I look exactly like my father. I’m the spitting image of him. (image)
2) Our eyes are identical. We’ve ________ . (same)
3) His way of walking is unusual. He has _________ . (distinctive)
4) I look very different from my mother. I don’t look _________ . (like)
5) She looks completely different from the rest of the family.
She bears __________. (resemblance)
6) She was an extremely attractive woman when she was younger. She ______. (amazing-)
Change the sentences to make them true for you and your family.
Date: 2015-12-11; view: 649