1. The roots mono and poly are the keys of understanding ..4 2.The example of the polysemantic word table 4
II. The phenomenon of polysemy
1. The definitions of polysemantic words in different resources 4-5 2. Historical background 5-7 3. The dictionaries to work with the polysemantic words 7-8 4. The differences between Polysemantic words and Phrasal verbs 8 5.The types of meaning of Polysemantic words in English 9III. An unbelievable but its true.
1. The list of most polysemantic words in English ..9-10 2. The list of most polysemantic words in Kazakh 10 IV. The ways of formation 1. Denotation .10-11 2.Connotation 11-12
3.Clear and unclear cases of Polysemy .12-14 4. The division of the polysemantic words according to the parts of speech 14-16
Theaim of the research project
To research the polysemantic words in the English and Kazakh languages analyzing and comparing the languages according to the polysemy of the words and their types.
The tasks of the research project:
1. To find out the definitions of polysemantic words in different resources;
2. To define the types of the polysemantic words;
3. To look through the dictionaries of English and Kazakh;
4. To analyze the polysemantic words according to the types ;
5. To compare the examples of the polysemantic words in 2 languages;
The actuality of the research project
The research project is very actual because the phenomenon of polysemy is widely spread in the English language and we often have got the difficulties choosing necessary meanings. The project demonstrates the analyzing and comparing of the polysemantic words in English and Kazakh.
The object of the research project
The polysemantic words in the English and Kazakh languages.
The research project is valuable because it contains the definitions and types of the polysemantic words with the examples in 2 languages.
In order to study the subject of the project I used the following methods: