| IV Type
—уществуют условные предложени€ Ђсмешанного типаї, в которых условие может относитьс€ к насто€щему или будущему времени, а следствие Ц к прошедшему времени и наоборот. ¬ этом случае в одной части предложени€ может употребл€тьс€ форма II типа, а в другой Ц III типа.
Main clause If- clause
Type 2 Type 3
He would be at the lecture if he had been told about it.
Type 3 Type 2
He might have avoided that accident if he were more careful. 4.
Ex. 8. Rewrite the following as mixed conditional sentences.
She missed the bus. She is not here now.
If she had not missed the bus, she would be here now.
1. The students were active because they wanted to understand this difficult material.
2. They missed their flight. They wonТt arrive until tomorrow.
3. She didnТt study hard. She wonТt pass the exams.
4. The students didnТt understand the homework because they are inattentive.
5. He didnТt reserve a table. He has to wait for an hour.
6. I didnТt buy tickets. We canТt go to the theatre tonight.
7. They didnТt take a map with them. They are lost now.
8. She didnТt bring her umbrella. Now, she is getting wet.
9. We didnТt go to the restaurant. We donТt like fast food.
10. They missed their flight. They wonТt arrive until tomorrow.
11. You didnТt wake me up. Now IТm late for my appointment.
Ex. 9. Which sentences are wrong? Find the mistake and correct it.
1. What would you do if you live here all the time, as we do?
2. If he hadnТt come by this time, he wonТt come at all.
3. If you eat less than you need, the body burns fat to get energy and you loses weight.
4. I could understand your friend from Italy if he spoken more slowly.
5. I wish you would give me this book for a while.
6. Even if he did say so, we cannot be sure that he was telling the truth.
7. If you went to London, you might have seen the Queen.
8. Even if my parents disapproved of my plans, I wouldnТt had given them up.
9. I wish the weather wouldnТt be so dreadful today.
Date: 2015-01-29; view: 1808