C1 Lesson 8 printouts Listening comprehension. True / False
a) France has taken a small step toward samesex marriage. T / F
b) 329 French politicians opposed the bill in a vote in parliament. T / F
c) The bill also wants homosexual couples to be able to adopt children. T / F
d) Only those against the bill have marched in the streets. T / F
e) Opinion polls suggest the majority of French people agree with the proposed law. T / F
f) The issue has greatly divided politicians in France. T / F
g) If passed, France will be Europe's 12th country to legalise same-sex marriage. T / F
h) Politicians in the UK have also supported same-sex marriage. T / F
1. Synonym Match
| 1. major
3. paves the way for
5. giving up
|| a. prepares for
f. sparked off
Complete the questions with the phrases from th box and answer them:
1. Would you ever go on a ________________? Why? Why not?
2. Do you ever read the ________________ column in the newspaper?
3. Do most people in youru country see marriage as a ________________?
4. How would you define a ________________?
5. Have you ever been / would you ever go to a ________________?
6. Do you think the concept of an _______________ still exists?
7. What do you think about _______________?
8. Is there such a thing as _______________ or is it the product of one's imagination?
9. In your country, do people usually get married in a church or _______________?
Date: 2015-01-29; view: 861