Task 4. What will you do as soon as you arrive at the airport?
Place the following statements in correct sequence:
1. Answer any questions the security guard may ask
2. Arrive at the airport
3. As your things go through the X-ray machine, go through the detector
4. At the destination, leave the plane
5. Board the plane when your flight is called
6. Check that your hand luggage (or cabin baggage, or carry-on luggage) meets the required dimensions and weight allowance
7. Check the departure screens for your boarding gate
8. Check the departures board to see if the flight will leave on time
9. Check the screens for the number of your check-in desk
10. Check-in your hold luggage
11. Claim (get) your luggage
12. Collect your things
13. Get dressed and repack your hand luggage!
∑ Go for a drink and/or something to eat
14. Go through customs
∑ Go to the duty free shop or other shops
15. Hand the attendant your ticket or boarding pass and your passport
16. Hope that itís not overweight!
17. If asked by the security guards, hand over your passport and boarding pass and wait for your liquids to be checked
18. If the detector beeps prepare to be asked to lift your arms and to be frisked
19. If you are early:
20. If you are on time, go to your boarding gate and queue
21. Look at the screens to see which carousel your luggage will be on
22. Look for your check-in desk
23. Prepare for security checks
∑ Put your hand luggage on the conveyor belt
∑ Put your tray on the conveyor belt
24. Queue at passport control
25. Queue to go through security to the departure lounge
26. Show your ticket, boarding pass or passport again
∑ Sit and wait
∑ Take off your belt and put it in the tray
∑ Take off your shoes and coat and put them in the tray
∑ Take off your watch and put it in the tray
∑ Take out your bag of liquids and put it in the tray
27. When you are called forward, give your passport to the controller
28. Youíve made it!
Task 5. At an Airport
| Visa check in aisle seat passport international ticket baggage domestic seat assignment boarding pass baggage claim flight carry on claim check reservation flight number window seat gate
Parte superior do formulário
1. A trip on an airplane is called a _____________________.
2. A flight within one country is called a _________________ flight.
3. A flight between different countries is called an _____________ flight.
4. The letters and numbers which identify an airplane making a specific flight are called a ________________ ______________.
5. Ordering a seat to be held for you on the day you want to travel is called making a ______________.
6. A printed piece of paper which allows you to travel on an airplane is a ____________________.
7. The first thing to do at the airport is _____________ ______________, which means to register as a passenger for a flight.
8. A document which identifies you as a citizen of a certain country and which allows you to travel to other countries is called a ___________________.
9. A stamp in your passport which allows you to travel to another country is called a _________________________.
10. The selection of a specific seat for a trip on an airplane is called _____________ _______________.
11. A seat next to the window in an airplane is called a __________ _______.
12. A seat next to the passage between the rows of seats in an airplane is called an ___________ _____________.
13. The suitcases and bags which contain your belongings are called ______________________.
14. A bag which you carry with you on the airplane is called a _________ bag.
15. A small ticket with printed numbers that identify your baggage is called a baggage ______________ _____________.
16. A printed card which allows you to get on an airplane is called a__________ ______________.
17. A door which leads from the airport building into an airplane is called a _______________.
18. The area where you pick up your baggage after a flight is called ___________________________________
Date: 2015-01-29; view: 1220