Home Random Page



V. Letter from a regulated financial institution confirming a loan



The loan letter(s) from a regulated financial institution that you send us must be dated no

more than 6 months before the date of your application. The letter(s) must be the original

(not a copy) and must clearly show:


• your name; and


• the date of the letter; and


• the financial institution’s name and logo;


• the money available as a loan;


• that the loan is provided by your national government, their state or regional government, a government sponsored student loan company or is part of an academic or educational loans scheme.


The financial institution must be regulated by either the Financial Conduct Authority, the

Prudential Regulatory Authority or, in the case of overseas accounts, by the home

regulator (the official regulatory body for the country the financial institution

is in and where the money is held) for the purpose of student loans.



You cannot use loans held in the name of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) as evidence of money held by you.


There must be no conditions placed on the release of the loan funds to you, other than your Tier 4 application being successful.



Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 11/2014 page 35 of 81

If you are using money held by your parent(s) or legal guardian(s)



208. If you qualify for our differentiation arrangements because you are considered to be “low risk”, you are not required to include the evidential documents from this section with your application. You must, however, confirm on your application form that you meet the requirements set out in this section and that you hold documentary evidence in the manner required. We will sometimes ask a “low risk” student to send us these documents and we reserve the right to request any or all the evidential documents from this section from you.


209. If you are relying on money held by your parents(s)/legal guardian(s), you must show that you are related to your parent(s)/legal guardian(s). You must provide one of the following:


i. your birth certificate showing the names of your parent(s)/legal guardian(s); or


ii. your certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian(s); or


iii. a Court document naming your legal guardian(s). The document use must be the original legal document or a notarised copy.


210. If you are relying on money held by your parents(s)/legal guardian, you must also show that your parent(s)/legal guardian have given their permission for you to use this money. You must provide: a letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s). The letter must confirm:



• the relationship between you and your parent(s) or legal guardian(s); and

• that your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have given their consent to you using their funds to study in the UK.


Date: 2016-03-03; view: 558

<== previous page | next page ==>
Period ending no more than 31 days before the date of your application. Your personal | Letter of parental consent (Tier 4 (General) students under the age of 18
doclecture.net - lectures - 2014-2018 year. Copyright infringement or personal data (0.002 sec.)