1. Why is weather forecasting of crucial importance for flight?
2. What weather conditions are marginal and adverse?
3. Why is jet stream of great advantage for the flight?
4. What can deteriorate visibility?
5. What can impair flying characteristics of the aircraft?
6. Does decision as for clearing the landing in thick fog rest with an ATC?
7. What precipitation poses risk for take off?
8. Which type of the plane’s skin can resist hail strike?
9. Where can turbulence be encountered?
10. What can lead to skidding off the RW or sliding of the RW?
11. Due to what reasons can airport come into standstill?
12. What does crew take into account if they see bolt of lightning ahead of them?
13. How significant is the weather for flight?
14. What types of weather forecasts exist? What do they involve?
15. What can cause airport coming to the standstill?
16. How does wind affect the aircraft?
17. What is wind shear? Why and when can it be hazardous?
18. What actions should be carried out by the crew if they encountered wind shear?
19. How can controller assist the crew in this situation?
20. What is jet stream? How can it be of advantage for the air companies?
21. What kind of danger can CB activity cause?
22. What can lightning strike to the plane lead to?
23. What is turbulence? Why does it appear? What threat can it pose?
24. What is CAT? Can it be forecasted?
25. What phenomenon do we call icing?
26. In what way can it negatively affect the aircraft?
27. How is it possible to prevent icing in the air and on the ground?
28. What can decrease visibility?
29. What should the pilots take into account while landing in poor visibility?
30. What hazards can volcano eruption pose to the aircraft?
1. What ways of communication between people can you name?
2. Which ones are the most efficient? Prove.
3. What do we mean by radio communication failure in aviation?
4. What technical devices malfunction can cause communication failure?
5. Enumerate human mistakes in communication that can result in misunderstanding?
6. Are there any weather phenomena deteriorating readability?
7. What types of communication failure are you familiar with?
8. How can controller identify the type of failure?
9. What procedures should be observed in case of one-way communication failure?
10. What do pilots have to undertake in case of two-way failure when flying in VMC?
11. What do pilots have to undertake in case of two-way failure when flying in IMC?
12. What is expected from ATC in this situation?
13. How is it possible to minimize misunderstanding between pilots and controllers?
14. What are the most difficult airports you have flown to?
15. What peculiarities of their layout can result in RW incursion?
16. Is your base airport exposed to incursions? What constant weather conditions can deteriorate the situation? What can you say about airfield design, position of the RW? Do you experience any problems in it?
17. Have you ever encountered difficult situations in hot spots of any airport?
18. What recommendations would you give to avoid unauthorized entrance the RW?
MODERN AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT.
1. VOR/ DME
4. Flight Management System
5. CPDLC (Data Link)
6. Electronic Flight Instrument System
1. What places usually attract birds?
2. What can endanger the flight?
3. Can a wild animal cause a significant damage to landing gears?
4. What can mitigate the risk of collision with a bird?
5. Do you consider usage of rockets a short-time solution of the problem?
6. How do your airport services chase away the birds?
7. What can jeopardize the safety of the flight?
8. How is it possible to eliminate the problem with bird strikes?
9. What are the most vulnerable parts of the aircraft?
10. Are there any restrictions as for land field disposal sites in the vicinity of the airport?
11. What is bird strike?
12. What factors affect the likelihood of bird strike?
13. How can size of the bird influence on the consequences of bird strike?
14. What altitudes do the majority of bird strikes occur at?
15. What can strike on windscreen lead to?
16. What can bird ingestion into engine result in?
17. What damage will the aircraft experience if the flock of birds impacts the landing gear?
18. How will the safety of the flight be jeopardized if the birds strike the leading edge of the wing?
19. What birds inhabit your region?
20. What kinds of birds are mainly sucked into the engine?
21. What precaution measures can be used at the airports in order to eliminate this problem?
22. What is the difference between RW incursion and RW excursion?
23. What can they be caused by?
24. What do we mean by hot spots? What airports are they peculiar to?
25. What evacuation procedures should be carried out in these cases?
26. How can misunderstanding cause RW incursion?
27. What kind of animals can pose danger to the aircraft?
28. What aircraft’s parts may be vulnerable due to strike with wild animal?
29. Do you possess any information about occurrences with animals?
1. What is necessary to do in order the passenger will regain consciousness?
2. What can deteriorate visibility in the cockpit?
3. Are oxygen masks deployed automatically?
4. Why should the oxygen mask be donned firstly by the parent and only then by the child?
5. What is recommended to do to avoid dehydration?
6. Why should ATC work in dimmed room?
7. What should be done in case engine stall alarm goes off?
8. What can be expected in case the captain collapses?
9. What forces is aircraft exposed to?
10. How much time does the person have to retrain consciousness in depressurized aircraft?
11. What are the airplanes pressurized for?
12. What situation is called depressurization?
13. What can cause depressurization on the board? ( Divide the reasons into three factors: technical, human factor, outside factor )
14. What are the two types of depressurization? Which one is more dangerous?
15. At what altitudes does the risk of decompression exist?
16. What problems will the people experience in case of decompression?
17. What are the pilots expected to do in this situation?
18. What procedures have to be carried out in case of decompression over the mountainous area?
19. How can ATC assist the crew in case of decompression?
20. What catastrophes due to depressurization can you recall and describe?
1. What may engine failure be caused by?
2. What problems may happen to the engine?
3. Are there any restrictions for single-engine aircraft?
4. What is the most hazardous phase of flight when engine failure may occur?
5. What may be the consequences of one engine failure on multi-engine aircraft?
6. What may be the consequences of engine failure on single-engine aircraft?
7. What assistance should controller provide in this case?
FIRE ON THE BOARD
1. How hazardous is in flight fire?
2. What may it be caused by?
3. What kind of human mistakes can lead to ignition on the board?
4. What do we call dangerous goods?
5. What groups do they fall into?
6. Are there any restrictions as for their transportation?
7. What types of fire exist on the board? Which one is more perilous in your opinion?
8. What emergency equipment is your plane equipped with? What is the purpose of it?
9. What are the actions of crew in case fire in the cabin is not extinguished?
10. What actions do they have to undertake if the engine caught fire?
11. How should ATC act if he/she has traffic with fire on board in his/her sector?
1. What can fuel starvation be caused by?
2. What can contaminate the fuel?
3. Which areas are considered restricted for fuel jettisoning?
4. What may be the reasons of excessive fuel consumption?
5. Can you name the causes when pilots performed successful ditching?
6. What does possible distance that the aircraft can glide depend on?
7. What can deteriorate fuel flow?
8. What may be the reasons of fuel imbalance?
9. Have you ever faced with running out of fuel?
10. What can cause engines cease operating?
11. Why is weather of paramount importance for flight?
12. Why is fuel system of paramount importance?
13. What adverse weather conditions can result in fuel problems?
14. What technical deficiencies on the aircraft can lead to fuel flow problems?
15. What human mistakes can cause fuel system malfunction?
16. Enumerate possible fuel problems.
17. What is called fuel exhaustion? What are the results?
18. What is fuel starvation? What are the consequences?
19. What do we call fuel imbalance? What should be done in this case?
20. What types of fuel contamination do you know? Which ones are the most common?
21. Are fuel problems considered to be urgency or emergency situation?
22. What is fuel dumping? Are there any restrictions?
23. What is in-flight refueling? Are there any dangers? Is it used in Ukraine?
24. What procedures should the pilots perform in case of fuel problems?