Biology. Form 9, Variant I
1. A plant's....... are it's male reproductive organs.
a) pistils b)stamens c) ovules d) ovary
2......... forms the round base of the pistil.
a) ovary b) ovule c) stigma d) pistil
3 .For fertilization to take places, a pollen grain must be transferred from .... to
a) pistil, anther b) anther, stamen c) stamen, pistil d) anther, pistil
4. In ....zone meiosis occurs and the amount of ....cells of gonads increases.
a)reproduction, diploid b) reproduction, haploid c) growth, diploid d)shape, haploid
5........ pile at sperm tail base.
a) lysosomes b) mitochondria c) nutrients d) proteins
6...... go through metamorphosis.
a) amphibians b) insects c) amebas d) amphibians, insects
7...... belived that organisms adapted to their environment by "use and disuse".
a) Jean Lamarch b) Charles Darwin c) Henry Bates d)Gregor Mendel
8. In....... harmless animal strongly resembles an offensive animal..
a) protective coloration b) mimicry (c) Batesian mimicry d) adaptation
9........ is the passing on of biological characteristics from one generation to the next.
a) adaptation b) heredity c) speciation d) mimicry
10. Different forms of the same gene are called
a) alleles b) chromosomes c) strains d) cell
11....... occurs when a piece of one chromosome breaks off and attaches to another.
a) Down syndrome b) point mutation c) missense mutation d) translocation
12......... mutation affects the DNA in the gametes.
a) germinal b) somatic c) missense d) translocation
13. The greatest advances in plant breeding have resulted from combining selection and ...
a) crossing b) hybridization c) refining d) independent assortment
14...... factors include temperature and humidity.
a) physical b) abiotic c) climatic d) biotic
15...... is a group of the same species that lives in an area at the same time.
a) community b) ecosystem c) ecology d) population
16...... is made of a community and its abiotic environment.
a) ecosystem b) biosphere c) population d) ecology
17. The first layer of atmosphere is called....
a) anthrosphere (b) troposphere c) stratosphere d) biosphere
18. ...is the solid, rocky crust covering entire planet.
a) biosphere b) hydrosphere c) troposphere d) lithosphere
19. Foxes, skunks are...
a) primary producers b) primary consumers c) secondary consumers d) decomposers
20. What is the nitrogenous base of a RNA nucleotide?
a) thymine b) uracil c) alanine d) leucine
21. What is released during light reaction of photosynthesis?
a) H20 b) Oxygen c) Carbon Dioxide d) NADPH
22. DNA and RNA are:
a) sugars b) amino acids c) fatty acids d) nucleic acid
23. Lipids are composed of;
a) fatty acids b) amino acids c) nucleic acids d) sugar
24. Choose sexual reproduction
a) budding b) binary fission c) vegetative propagation d) parthenogenesis
25. Haploid cells have....chromosomes
a) 23 b) 46 c) 26 d) 44
Biology. Form 9. Variant II
1........... is the plant's female reproductive organ.
a) pistil b) stamen c) ovary d) ovule
2. Sexual reproduction involves a cycle of two processes.............. and
a) mitosis, meiosis b) meiosis, fertilization c) mitosis, fertilization d) meiosis, mitosis
3........... is interphase between mitosis and meiosis
a) growth zone b) reproduction zone c) mature zone d) shape phase
4........ is the development of an individual organism.
a) embryogenesis b) ontogenesis c) organogenesis d) blastula
5......... suggested that the environment caused the variations.
a) Ch. Darwin b)H.Bates c) Gr.Mendel d) Lamarck
6. The various ways animals blend with their surroundings are called
a) mimicry b) camouflage c) adaptation d) protective coloration
7. Living things often die when they cannot..... to a changing environment.
a)refer b) threaten c) adjust d) suit
8........ is the exchange of genes between two partner chromosomes.
a) translocation b)Down syndrome c) crossing over d) point mutation
9........ mutation occurs in body cells.
a) somatic b) germinal c) missense d) translocation
10. In.............. people have an extra copy of chromosome 21, one of the 23 pairs of
a) missense mutation b) crossing over c) translocation d) Down Syndrome
11. The use of.... alone has generally been more successful in wheat, barley, rice
a) crossing b) selection c) hybridization d) adaptation
12.Ecologists search for ways... harmful effects of air and water pollution on living things
a) to dissect b) to batter c) to decide d) to curb
13. ...is a group of animal and plant populations living together in the same environment,
a) population b) species c) ecosystem d) community
14. The role of a species in its community is called its ....
a)ecological niche b) ecological succession c) climax community d)ecosystem
15. ...form the top of a pyramid of energy.
a) plants b) animals c) herbivores d) carnivores
16........ include mice, rabbits, grasshoppers.
a) primary producers b) primary consumers c) secondary consumers
17. The term 'biosphere' originated with the geologist...
. a) Ed. Suess b) Mendel c) Lamarck d) V.Vernadsky
18...... is the layer where the majority of our weather occurs.
a) stratosphere b) biosphere c) cryosphere d) troposphere
19. Enzyme is ...
a) protein, biological catalyst b) sugar c) fatty acids d) starch
20. What is natural selection?
a)DN A replication b) it is the survival of the fittest c) protein synthesis d) transcription
21. Choose asexual reproduction
a) budding b) binary fission c) vegetative propagation d) all of above
22. Diploid cells have chromosomes
a)23 b)46 c) 26 d) 50
23. What is the structure of chromosome?
a) lipid b) sugar c) microelements d) nucleic acid
24. Which of the following is a part of adenosine triphosphate(ATP)?
a) protein b) guanine c) cytosine d) ribose
25.Function of lysosomi
a) digest needless substances b)protein synthesis c) DNA synthesis d) RNA synthesis
Variant 1 Variant 2
Date: 2016-01-03; view: 952