Considered at the meeting of chair of foreign philology and translation studies
from « » ____________ 2015, protocol ¹
Head of chair ____________________ Abilgazieva Zh.K.
Approved by HF methodological office
« » _____________ 2015, protocol ¹
Chairman of MO of the faculty _______________ Zhaukumova Sh.S.
I. Zhansugurov Zhetysu State University
QMS ZhSU A/EMCD.09-2015
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Chair of foreign languages and translation study
Professionally oriented foreign language
Specialty 5Â010800 «Physical culture and sport»
Study format: full time
The number of credits: 2
Contact hours: 30
Practical lessons: 30
SIW (including SIWwT): 60
Midterm control: 2
Graded quiz: 5
Data on the teacher:
A teacher of foreign languages and translation studies department,
Assanova Moldir Nurlanovna
Mobile: 8 701 883 61 63
My mail: Assanova.email@example.com
Lesson hours: on timetable
Consultation time: on timetable
Post requisites: Disciplines of specialization, for reading sports literature in a foreign language.
The present standard training program as the component of state standards of the higher education of the Republic of Kazakhstan is intended for ensuring preparation of the students who are training on discipline «Professionally-oriented foreign language». This subject is base discipline of an obligatory component in the standard curriculum of specialty FCaS.
In modern conditions of foreign language communication becomes an essential component of future professional activity of the specialists; in this regard the discipline role «Professional foreign language» considerably increases in non-linguistic higher educational establishments.
The state educational standard of higher education requires considering to professional specifics at learning of foreign language, its aiming at realization of problems of future professional activity of students.
Offered standard program adapted to the international model of foreign language education which is oriented to the material in professional sphere and used professionally-based situations (case study).
The program is made according to requirements of credit technology and hides the general recommendations which are necessary in training of students of especially FCaS within a state program by multilanguage education.
The communicative purposes and problems of practical value of the language are conceptual, basic. Forming and improving new speech skills and the abilities connected with the professional sphere of communication, students receive supplementary means of communication to the native language; finally receive a deep, qualitative professional education.
The program of multi-language education in professionally-oriented foreign language is realized by profession training through a foreign language. In the course learning of foreign language in non-linguistic higher educational establishments develops not only communicative competence, but also professional qualities of students. Besides means of professional knowledge and skills, the foreign language expands an outlook of the athlete, also carries out function of cognitive and moral development. In the course of formation and development of speech skills and abilities of students that creates the preconditions inducing to the major actions and operations is stirred up: comparison, the analysis, synthesis, generalization which are professionally significant for future specialist in the field of FCaS.
On the basis of this Program, chairs of foreign languages at higher educational establishments have possibility to develop working training programs, EMCD.
The purposes and problems of discipline “Professionally oriented foreign language"
The main objective of a course is a formation at being trained in language competence, sufficient for professional written and oral communication in a foreign language at the level of B2 + LSP (the professional program). Feature of preparation at this stage is mastering by language for the special purposes (LSP) at the level of its further use in professional the focused communication on a profile of concrete specialty.
Realization of this potential requires performance of the following tasks:
· to create skills and to develop abilities to use literature in the specialty for the purpose of obtaining necessary information;
· to teach to understand how text information develops, to see and build its logical and composite basis;
· to train in methods and receptions of the semantic and linguistic analysis of the text in the specialty;
· to teach to take necessary information from the text, to describe it, to generalize and interpret for the purpose of use in the course of educational and professional communication;
· to leach to use system of subject and language knowledge for the solution of problems of educational and professional communication.
By the course end the student should know:
· foreign lexicon in the specialty;
· language knowledge and skills which include: knowledge of the phonetic phenomena, grammatical forms, I ruled word formations, lexical units, terminology, characteristic for a certain profession.
· By the course end the student should be able:
· to perceive necessary educational and professional information of written and oral texts with the subsequent its processing and a statement in oral and written forms;
· to participate in communication of educational and professional character;
· to rely on arguments of opponents or to make a start from them, to adduce the arguments and arguments and to prove them, to draw conclusions;
· to read and understand various types of texts in the specialty;
· to use various strategy of reading depending on a type of reading (studying, fact-finding, viewing and search, fact-finding studying, viewing and fact-finding);
· to understand information Containing in the text; to differentiate the text on semantic parts; to define a subject and text sub-themes; his main idea; to find keywords; to allocate the main and additional information;
· to conduct target information search, to correlate information of two and more texts, to allocate new, to define importance and usefulness of information for further use;
· to create written speech works of various genres: the plan, the abstract, key fragment of the read or heard text in the specialty, the written statement of reproductive and productive character.