Work with a partner to ask and answer the questions.
Make indirect questions from the questions in brackets. Pay attention to the word order.
1. (Where has Tom gone?) Do you know ________where Tom has gone?____________
2. (Where is the post office?) Could you tell me ________________________________
3. (Whatís the time?) I wonder ______________________________________________
4. (What does this word mean?) I want to know ________________________________
5. (What time did they leave?) Do you know ___________________________________
6. (Is Sue going out tonight?) I donít know_____________________________________
7. (Where does Caroline live?) Do you have any idea ____________________________
8. (Where did I park the car?) I canít remember ________________________________
9. (Is there a bank near here?) Can you tell me _________________________________
10. (What do you want?) Tell me ____________________________________________
11. (Why didnít Kate come to the party?) I donít know ___________________________
12. (How much does it cost to park here?) Do you know __________________________
Work with a partner to complete a text about Sigmund Freud. Take turns to ask and answer questions. Prepare your questions first.
Student A: Who was born on 6th May 1856?
Student B: Sigmund Freud.
(1)___________________ was born on 6th May 1856 in Freiberg, Moravia. He went to the University of (2) __________________ and studied medicine. He graduated in (3) __________ as a Doctor of Medicine. He lived in Vienna for 47 years. In 1907 the psychiatrist Carl Jung was introduced to Freud and together they formed the International Psychoanalytical Association. (4) _____________ was its first president. Most of Freudís family emigrated to London. (5)_____________ lost all his property when he left Vienna. Freud lived in a house in Hampstead, London. He died in (6) _______________ .
Sigmund Freud was born on 6th May 1856 in (1) _____________________ . He went to the university of Vienna and studied (2) ____________________ . He graduated in 1881 as a Doctor of Medicine. He lived in Vienna for (3) ________ years. In 1907 the psychiatrist (4) _____________ was introduced to Freud and together they formed the International Psychoanalytical Association. Jung was its first president. (5) _________________ emigrated to London. His brother lost all his property when he left Vienna, Freud lived in a house in (6) ___________. He died in 1939.
Extra Vocabulary practice
1 Which prefix forms the opposite of these words? (You need three different prefixes.)
unhappy flexible friendly honest reliable sensitive kind pleasant
2 How would you describe the person in each of these descriptions?
Sheís always here on time. Punctual
He never bought me a drink in tem years.
She often promises to do things but half the time she forgets.
I donít think heís done any work since heís been here.
She finds it difficult to meet people and talk to strangers.
He can work in any of the departments Ė on his own or part of a team.
One of her qualities is that she is so aware of what other people think or feel.
I know Mike wants to be head of the department and then go on to a bigger company.