Exercise 8. Put questions to underlined words.
1. The NHSA was introduced into practice in 1948.
2. A new health service did not mean a complete break of the past.
3. All that was good in the existing services was absorbed into a new scheme.
4. Most medical treatment in Great Britain is free.
5. Charges are made for drugs, spectacles and dental ñàrå.
6. Free emergency medical treatment is given to any visitor from abroad who becomes ill while staying in the country.
7. NHS provides free medical treatment.
8. It consists of three main parts.
9. Local health authority services comprise a range of home and clinical services for prevention, treatment or ñàrå.
10. A medical student must spend at least a year after the completion of his examinations in satisfactory service in a resident medical capacity.
Exercise 9. Write passive sentences in Simple Past.
- the test / write ____________________________________
- the table / set ____________________________________
- the cat / feed ____________________________________
- the lights / switch on ____________________________________
- the house / build ____________________________________
- dinner / serve ____________________________________
- this computer / sell / not ____________________________________
- the car / stop / not ____________________________________
- the tables / clean / not ____________________________________
- the children / pick up / not____________________________________
Exercise 10. Rewrite the sentences in passive voice.
- We set the table. ____________________________________
- She pays a lot of money. ____________________________________
- I draw a picture. ____________________________________
- They wear blue shoes. ____________________________________
- They don't help you. ____________________________________
- Somebody hit me. ____________________________________
- We stopped the bus. ____________________________________
- A thief stole my car. ____________________________________
- They didn't let him go. ____________________________________
- She didn't win the prize. ____________________________________
Exercise 11. Complete the sentences (Active or Passive Voice). Use Simple Present.
- He (sell) ________ cars.
- The blue car (sell) ________.
- In summer, more ice-cream (eat) ________ than in winter.
- She (call) ________ her grandparents every Friday.
- The letters (type) ________.
- He (take) ________ his medicine every day.
- Jane (take / not) ________ to school by her father.
- We (go) ________ to school by bus.
- She (work / not) ________ for a bank.
- Milk (keep) ________ in the refrigerator.
1. England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland have ... since 1946.
à) different medical services
b) similar medical services
ñ) administrative changes
d) health service
2. All that was good in the old services ... into a new scheme.
à) was not accepted
b) was refused
ñ) was introduced
d) was passed
3. NHS provides ... both in hospitals and outside.
à) medical treatment
b) medical service
ñ) medical examination
d) free medical treatment
4. The Dental Service is ...
à) free of charge
d) available to everyone
5. The patients receive ... in NHS hospitals.
à) unified medical ñàrå
b) private medical ñàrå
ñ) individual medical ñàrå
d) emergency treatment
6. The great majority of general practitioners in Great Britain ... NHS.
7. The General Medical Council is ... of the medical profession.
à) the governing body
b) the health authority
ñ) à consultant service
d) the main health centre
8. In big towns there are some private hospitals called....
a) foster homes
b) homes for nurses
c) nursing homes
9. DS stands for...
a) Dental Service
b) Debt Service
c) Delayed Service
d) Delicate Service
10. Free ... medical treatment is given to any visitor from abroad who becomes ill while staying in the country.
Date: 2015-12-11; view: 788