TEXT 5. Young people's problems
1. Everybody says youth is probably the best time of young life, that being young means romance, love and new discoveries. But it is also the most difficult time because you have to make some very important decisions, which will influence all your future life. Things are not easy nowadays even for adults, but for teenagers, who have to find their own place in society, it's very difficult. It's necessary not only to adapt to the society, but also to be confident about your position.
2. For your future it is essential to have a good job. Every girl or boy leaving school should choose an institution of higher education, or if he or she doesn't want to study any more, choose a job straightaway. Put even if you are studying, you need money of your own to pay for extra clothes, tapes, books. It is something of a problem.
3. Emotional problems for young people can be far more difficult than financial ones, A typical teenager problem is drug-habit. Some young men use drugs, because they think they will be cool guys. But they don't understand, that it's wrong. Some of them can't stop that, and they become dependent on drugs. And they commit different serious crimes, because they need some money for drugs.
4. Youth is also the time to meet your first love. It is, of course, wonderful, but, as it is widely known that first love often has an unhappy end, this also increases young people's problems. We also face the problem how to spend our free time. We can do it in different ways. Some of teenagers spend their free time in different night clubs. Other young people spend their free time in the streets.
5. Another typical problem for most teenagers is trouble with their parents. Happiness or unhappiness of any family mostly depends on relations in it. So many families so many family relations. Each family establishes its own relations in its own way. It has its own traditions, customs and its own unwritten constitution including rights & duties of every member of the family. The level of democracy is also different in different families, which mostly depends on the viewpoints of adults usually not coinciding with a child's point of view. So the problem of misunderstanding becomes urgent.
6. Some people call it a generation gap. It as a rule sharpens as soon as a child approaches his or her difficult teens. And both sides (parents and children) should be patient, tactful and it's the only way to settle down all the problems and stay friends. Parents say that its difficult to discipline children. But experts state that parents will get the best results if they try to prevent or stop misbehavior in natural, logical and when possible fun ways.
Date: 2015-04-20; view: 1086