1. Today’s food travels thousands of miles before it reaches customers. Why is this? Is this a positive or negative trend? Lesson on academic language with a download of the essay and an exercise to help you write it yourself.
2. One of the major problems facing the world today is the growing number of refugees. The developed nations in the world should tackle this problem by taking in more refugees. To what extent do you agree with this opinion? sample essay with advice to download
3. If poorer nations are to develop they will need to invest in health and education. They often do not have the resources to achieve this, so is it the duty of richer nations to provide assistance in these areas? Explain your answer with reasons and examples.
4. More and more qualified people are moving from poor to rich countries to fill vacancies in specialist areas like engineering, computing and medicine. Some people believe that by encouraging the movement of such people, rich countries are stealing from poor countries. Others feel that this is only part of the natural movement of workers around the world. Give your opinion. (Academic writing practice)
5. Differences between countries become less evident each year. Nowadays, all over the world people share the same fashions, advertising, brands, eating habits and TV channels. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
6. Most countries spend a large amount of money in weapons to defend themselves though they are not at war. They should spend money to help the citizens in poor and disadvantaged countries. Discuss. (China writing)
Read more: IELTS essay questions: globalisationDominic Cole's IELTS and Beyond http://www.dcielts.com/writing-2/essays/globalisation/#ixzz2u9YDrxDV
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
Date: 2015-01-29; view: 742