»нструкции дл€ проведени€ ролевой игры на английском €зыке
The first stage of an interview
You are going to be interviewed for the position you would like to get in one of the established companies. Be ready to answer the questions about:
- your family background;
- personal qualities;
- current salary;
- your strengths and weaknesses;
- the reasons for leaving your last job;
Interviewing can be carried out by individuals (e.g. supervisor or departmental manager), by panels of interviewers or in the form of sequential interviews by different experts.
Here are some of the key questions an interviewer can ask:
1. Can you tell me about your experience as a manager?
2. What sorts of projects did you participate in when working for your previous employers?
3. What do you like most and what do you like least about your present job?
4. Could you tell me how much you currently earn?
5. What do you know about the company you are going to work for?
6. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
7. How ambitious are you?
The second stage of an interview
The second stage of an interview involves personal qualities of a candidate.
Ideal staff wanted.
As a rule, employers prefer dealing with people, who possess such a very important quality as optimism. The questionnaire that follows presents twenty four apparently contradictory proverbs and asks you to indicate the one in each pair which most closely reflects your beliefs.
Instructions:Read each pair of proverbs and, at the side of the pair, write the number of the one you believe in the most. Do this quickly and as honestly as you can.
Of these two proverbsЕ
1. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
2. Out of sight, out of mind.
3. If something can go wrong, it will.
4. ItТll be alright on the night.
5. Every cloud has a silver lining.
6. It never rains but it pours.
7. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
8. Two heads are better than one.
9. Leave well alone.
10. A stitch in time saves nine.
11. Never trust a stranger.
12. Hail fellow, well met.
13. No news is good news.
14. ThereТs no smoke without fire.
15. Might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb.
16. Once bitten twice shy.
17. Better safe than sorry.
18. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
19. DonТt count your chickens before they are hatched.
20. Half a loaf is better than none.
21. AllТs well that ends well.
22. Look before you leap.
23. You learn something new every day.
24. You canТt teach an old dog new tricks.
Scoring the questionnaire
Put a circle round the numbers you chose as most reflecting your beliefs, and then add up the number of circles. Be sure to add up the frequency of the circles and not the value of the numbers within them.
The maximum score is 12. Here are some interpretations depending on your mix of scores.
Optimist 12 Ц Pessimist 0
Amazing! You see the world through rose-coloured spectacles. The real test is whether you can continue to do so after a set back, or whether you are vulnerable because your expectations are so high.
Optimist 9 Ц Pessimist 3
A ratio of 3 to 1 is very optimistic. You are definitely a Сhalf-fullТ rather than a Сhalf emptyТ person.
Optimist 6 Ц Pessimist 6
You clearly fluctuate more or less equally between optimism and pessimism.
You need to work out the circumstances of when you tend to be one and when the other.
Optimist 3 Ц Pessimist 9
You are clearly far more often pessimistic than optimistic. There are two consolations. First, you can describe yourself as a realist; second, you are less prone to feelings of disappointment since your expectations are already somewhat low.
Optimist 0 Ц Pessimist 12
So now you know whether you are basically an optimist or a pessimist Ц so what? Well, the advantages of being an optimist and having a positive attitude are;
- You feel happier than you otherwise would
- You are more cheerful and outgoing
- You are prepared to take risks and have a go at things
- The people you deal with respond more positively to you
- You achieve more
- You influence other people to achieve more
- You look for the best in people
- You donТt waste time being paranoid and suspicious
- You are better at bouncing back after a failure or set-back
- You are more likely to embrace change positively.
However, it is vital to be realistic. There is no point in wearing rose-coloured spectacles and living in a foolТs paradise. This leaves you vulnerable to major disappointments and upsets. Even optimists feel pain and discomfort when they are moved on from the status quo. The point is they are more likely to respond positively in a shorter time than a pessimist.