5. The scientists have to understand the essence of dreams.
6. Dreams can predictour future.
7. Psychologists have explained the meaning of manydreams.
IV. IIpoHTHTc iipe;iJi05KeHnji, Haiwne « hhx occcoroiHbie npiuiiiro'iHMe 11 nepcBefliiTe:
1. All information you need can be found inthe article.
2. The only real way to know we are happy is when we feel happy.
3. He said it was a very interesting conference.
4. Studies show attention is a complex phenomenon. 5.1 did not know he had come.
6. The doctor 1 told you about works in (his i 1. I was told he was coming next week. 8. The treatment the patienthad begun wi
to describe the pulmonary
circulation in the first half of the 16th century. The phenomenon of the transfer of carbon dioxide from the blood intothe lungs Sechenovinvestigated is due to the law of diffusion of gas from the fluid into the air.
The great English anatomist W.Harvey found out the heart changed its colour the contractions.
V. lanoMUHte iipoiHiiouieiiiie c-'iejjyiomHX repMHHOB,aattrchx pyccKne
to penetrate ['penitreit] - ripOHHKaib(Rnyrpb),npoxoumb
Another group of students confronted a more difficult situation. In addition to monitoring the light and attending to the unfamiliar material they had to ignore a familiar passage presented simultaneously in the other ear by the same voice.
Subjects in the "easy" condition reacted more quickly to the signal light and comprehended the passage much better than the students in the "difficult" condition. While attention can be divided (especially if one task is familiar and easy) concentration helps the processing of complex information. Even something as automatic as reading is not a simple task. You have to identify written words on a page. You must also combine words into phrases and sentences and comprehend the meaning. At the same time you must think about the meaning of the material and associate new facts with old information and experience.
In short, attention is very important in everyday life. The ability to attend and its opposite, distraction, have been widely studied by the psychologists.
I. Translate the following word combinations:
TpeoosaTb bhhmbhhh, nesTejibHOCTb cTpaaaeT, noaaepKHBaTb micro, cpaBumtaTb pa3Jtnqntiie coctomhus, neanaKOMUH otpubok to reKcra, b to jkc Bpew», shti, nocraBJietiHbiM b 6oJice TpyjinyK) anyaumo, noHHi'b 3naHenne <|>pa3M, oiOHmau HH^opMaupns, Kopone rosopn, crioco6nocrb oujb BHHMarejibHbiM, OTcyrcrBMe