This, my, some, a lot of, all, etc.
59. Itís so boring here. Nothing ever happens in Ö. place.
a) that b) these c) this d) those
60. Is that my key, or is it Ö.?
a) the yours b) the yourís c) your d) yours
61. Adrian takes no interest in clothes. Heíll wear Ö .
a) a thing b) anything c) something d) nothing
62. Thereís Ö. use in complaining. They probably wonít do anything about it.
a) a few b) a little c) few d) little
63. I donít want to buy any of these books. Iíve got Ö. .
a) all b) all them c) everything d) them all
64. Letís stop and have a coffee. Ö.. a café over there, look.
a) is b) Itís c) There d) Thereís
65. Everyone in the group shook hands with Ö. .
a) each other b) one another c) one the other d) themselves
66. The washing-machine has broken down again. I think we should get Ö. .
a) a new b) a new one c) new d) new one
67. All the guests were dancing. Ö.. having a good time.
a) All were b) Every was c) Everyone was d) Someone were
Adjectives and adverbs
68. The house was Ö. building.
a) a nice old stone b) a nice stone old c) a stone old nice d0 an old nice stone
69. The government is doing nothing to help Ö. .
a) poor b) the poor c) the poors d) the poor ones
70. The young man seems very Ö. .
a) sensible b) sensiblely c) sensibley d) sensibly
71. I Ö. missed the bus. I was only just in time to catch it.
a) mostly b) near c) nearest d) nearly
72. This detailed map is Ö. the atlas.
a) more useful as b) more useful than c) usefuller as d) usefuller than
73. This place gets ÖÖ crowded with tourists every summer.
a) always more b) crowded and more c) from more to more d) more and more
74. Yes, I have got the report. Ö. it.
a) I just am reading b) Iím just reading c) Iím reading just d) Just Iím reading
75. Iíve read this paragraph three times, and I Ö. understand it.
a) canít still b) canít yet c) still canít d) yet canít
76. Weíre really sorry. We regret what happened Ö. .
a) a bit b) much c0 very d) very much
77. The village is Ö. Sheffield. Itís only six miles away.
a) along b) by c) near d) next
78. You can see the details Ö. the computer screen.
a) at b) by c) in d) on
79. Iíve got a meeting Ö. Thursday afternoon.
a) at b) in c) on d) to
80. Weíve lived in this flat Ö. five years.
a) ago b) already c) for d) since
81. This car is Ö. , if you are interested in buying it.
a) for sale b) in sale c) at sale d) to sell
82. Poly wants to cycle round the world. Sheís really keen Ö. the idea.
a) about b) for c) on d) with
Verbs with prepositions and adverbs
83. I prefer dogs Ö. cats. I hate cats.
a) from b) over c) than d) to
84. My father used the money he won to set Ö. his own company.
a) forward b) on c) out d) up
85. Donít go too fast. I canít keep Ö you.
a) on to b) on with c) up to d) up with
86. Someone Ö.. the tickets are free.
a) said me b) said me that c) told me d) told to me
87. Last week Justin said ďIíll do it tomorrowí. He said he would do it Ö .
a) the following day b) the previous day c) tomorrow d) yesterday
88. I donít know why Nancy didnít go to the meeting. She said she Ö.. definitely going.
a) be b) is c) was d) would
89. The librarian asked us Ö.. so much noise.
a) donít make b) not to make c) not making d) not to make
90. Whatís the name of the man Ö gave us a lift?
a) he b) aht c) which d) who
91. What was that notice Ö. ?
a) at that you were looking b) you were looking at c) you were looking at it d) which you were looking
92. Susan is the woman Ö. husband is in hospital.
a) her b) that c) whose d) which
93. York, Ö.. last year, is a nice old city.
a) I visited b) that I visited c) which I visited d) whom I visited
94. The accident was seen by some people Ö at a bus stop.
a) waited b) waiting c) were waiting d) who waiting
Date: 2015-12-24; view: 209