Home Random Page


CATEGORIES:

BiologyChemistryConstructionCultureEcologyEconomyElectronicsFinanceGeographyHistoryInformaticsLawMathematicsMechanicsMedicineOtherPedagogyPhilosophyPhysicsPolicyPsychologySociologySportTourism






The Historical Boulevard and Panorama

“Defense of Sevastopol in 1854-1855”

 

The Historical Boulevardis situated in the city center over the Southern Bay, bounded by a stone wall around the perimeter. This is a kind of a green park with many rare species of trees and shrubs. But it is a complex monument above

all. At the end of the XIX century stone tables with the numbers of former batteries were set on the

Historical Boulevard. The construction of

most of the

monuments was completed by 1904 - 1905

years - the 50th

anniversary of

the First

Defense of

Sevastopol.

The main alley of the boulevard runs from the main entrance to the restored cannon courtyards of the 4th

Bastion. Along the main alley you can see the restored

memorial designation of batteries.

In the central part of the Boulevard stands the building

of Panoramas "Defense of Sevastopol in 1854-1855", and thirteen monuments and memorial signs, immortalized the heroism of the defenders of

Sevastopol during the Crimean War. Panorama “Defense of Sevastopol in 1854-1855” - a historical and artistic monument, an immortalized feat of the

defender s of Sevastopol in repelling storming

French and British troops of fortified the Korabelnaya side of the town on 6 (18) June 1855 during the Crimean War. The building is circular,

built in 1904 by military engineer O. Enbeg

specifically to place the unique art-piece, created by Professor of class of battle painting F. Roubaud in the 1901-1904 years. Canvas is of 115 m length

and 14 m height with subjects completed the plan so

well that it is impossible to determine where are the items and where it is painted. Opening of the

Panorama was held on May 14, 1905, and was timed to the 50th anniversary of the

heroic defense of Sevastopol.

During the II World War, the building was severely damaged. Only two-thirds of

the canvas was managed to save from the fire

and it was evacuated from the besieged

Sevastopol. After the war, the survived fragments of the painting were restored by

the a group of artists led by Academician V.N. Yakovlev and P.P. Sokolov-Skala The opening was held on October 16, 1954, and

was timed to the 100th anniversary of the

First Defense of Sevastopol.

 

Price of the tour – 40-50 uah (5-6$). Photo, video – 20-25 uah (3$).

Opening hours – 9:30-17:30 except Monday.



Date: 2015-12-18; view: 214


<== previous page | next page ==>
Cloud-, Web-Systems Dependability and Resilience-2 | CHERSONESUS TAURICA
doclecture.net - lectures - 2014-2017 year. Copyright infringement or personal data (0.004 sec.)