Ìîäóëü XXII. Êîíòðîëü çíàíèé: ëåêñèêî-ãðàììàòè÷åñêèé òåñò
Choose the right answer:
1. Do you feel like … a cup of tea?
a) to have b) having c) have d) be having
2. They would like the new material … once again.
a) to explain b) be explained c) explain d) to be explained
3. I remember … a woman outside when I left the house.
a) seeing b) to see c) have seen d) having seen
4. We are looking forward to … on a tour around London by our English friends.
a) been taken b) being taken c) having been taken d) taking
5. You should … to other people’s opinions.
a) to listen b) to be listen c) listening d) listen
6. Don’t pretend … what you aren’t.
a) to be b) being c) be d) to have been
7. The child was made … the truth.
a) to tell b) tell c) be told d) to be told
8. This student is not used … hard.
a) to work b) to be working c) to working d) working
9. I used … in the library practically every day when in University.
a) sit b) to be sitting c) to sitting d) to sit
10. Jane noticed a friend of hers and stopped … to her.
a) talking b) to talk c) talk d) be talked
11. Computers are said … TV sets in the near future.
a) to replace b) replacing c) being replaced d) replace
12. His parents never let him … in bed
a) reading b) to read c) to reading d) read
13. I don’t mind … the experiment.
a) against repeating b) repeat c) repeating d) to repeat
14. I hope … the first prize at the competition.
a) for entering b) to enter c) of entering d) entering
15. Why not … power usage?
a) to reduce b) reducing c) reduce d) be reduced
16. We regret … you that you failed at your exam.
a) informing b) inform c) about informing d) to inform
17. The man was seen … the computer.
a) to load b) load c) loading d) being loaded
18. Can you hear those two scientists … an argument?
a) have b) having c) to have d) are having
19. The child was so nice that people couldn’t help … at him.
a) smile b) to smile c) smiling d) from smiling
20. Poor people can’t afford … their children to expensive schools.
a) sending b) to sent c) sent d) to send
21. Nobody can expect you … overtime.
a) work b) to work c) working d) to be worked
22. All people enjoy …
a) to praise b) praising c) be praised d) being praised
23. The students stopped … ready for their exams and had some rest.
a) getting b) get c) to get d) with getting
24. I don’t want anyone … me while I am depressed.
a) see b) seeing c) to see d) saw
25. Before … the letter, he answered a telephone call.
a) to read b) read c) his reading d) reading
26. These firms are not interested … people over fifty.
a) in employing b) to employ c) employ d) employing
27. I’d prefer … in a flat rather than in a hotel.
a) to live b) living c) live d) of living
28. Let us … when you are coming.
a) to know b) know c) of knowing d) knew
29. It’s no good … for a walk. It’s raining.
a) in going b) to go c) going d) about going
30. What prevented you … to the lecture?
a) of coming b) to come c) against coming d) from coming
31. The programmer succeeded … a job.
a) of finding b) about finding c) in finding d) finding
32. Do you think this job is worth …?
a) taking b) to take c) take d) of taking
33. The scientist spent hours trying … the problem.
a) to solve b) solving c) solve d) by solving
34. The girl is used … alone.
a) to live b) living c) to living d) live
35. Please forgive me … you.
a) not to visit b) not visiting c) for not visiting d) about not visiting
36. I’d rather … at home and … anywhere.
a) to stay, not go b) stay, not to go c) to stay, not to go d) stay, not go
37. I regret … my roommate.
a) offending b) to offend c) to have d) of offending
38. The suspect denied … anywhere near the scene of the crime.
a) be b) being c) was d) to be
39. This film is believed … by a famous producer.
a) being made b) be made c) to have been made d) to have made
40. We’ve just been able … the computer.
a) to load b) load c) about loading d) loading
41. The workers were made … overtime.
a) work b) to work c) to be worked d) to have worked
42. It’s very difficult to get used … in the daytime.
a) to sleeping b) sleep c) to sleep d) sleeping
43. The driver was accused of … the road accident.
a) provoke b) provoked c) provoking d) to provoke
44. We had better … the formulae before the exam.
a) review b) to review c) reviewed d) reviewing
45. Don’t forget … your mobile.
a) recharging b) to recharge c) about recharging d) recharge
46. I’d like you … dangerous turnings.
a) avoid b) to avoid c) avoided d) avoiding
47. Let’s … some coffee.
a) to have b) had c) have d) haved
48. He doesn’t recommend his friends … in fast food restaurants.
a) to eat b) eating c) to be eating d) eat
49. I couldn’t stand … him again.
a) see b) seeing c) to see d) saw
50. I don’t mind … the window.
a) to close b) be closing c) your closing d) close
Date: 2015-12-11; view: 168